1 month post op Dr. Ross (San Diego)

tsp

I had 1423 (293 1's and 1130 2's) FUT perform by Dr Ross 1 month ago. I would like input on the progress of my transplant 1 month post op. The transplanted hair has started to fall out, I understand that this is normal process. However, I'm concerned that I have excessive shock loss around my donor area. What do you think? ( Pictures are posted under my profile ) I started using 5% minoxidil 2 weeks post op and I have also been taking propecia for the past 3 months. Can I use minoxidil on my donor area? Any advice or input is greatly appreciated.

The good news is that your scar looks good. You do have quite a bit of shockloss but I wouldn't be too concerned as it should grow back. A lot of patients, myself included, experience shockloss around the scar. Give it 3-4 months.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Yes, you look good 1 month post-op for sure. The scar is healing very well. Don't be concerned about the shock loss, it will come back. And you keep your hair long enough to cover I assume.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

tsp,

If you look at your photos you will see most of the hairloss is UNDER the incision. This occurs because most of the blood vessels that feed that level of skin come from ABOVE so when there is a long incision, like an HT donor incision, the blood supply becomes markedly reduced below it. This is classic donor shockloss and it is almost a lock that it will come back with no problem within a few months. So don't worry about it. It happens to some of my guys too, and every other doctor.

Enjoy your results and good growing to you.

Dr. F