HT hair characteristics

Hello,

I had a couple of old bad HT and a couple of repair sessions with Dr. Shapiro.

My result has not been finalized yet, more than a year, as I still see small frizzy hair but there is a significant change.

My concern is that although the repair sessions succeeded, my hair do not look good always. Shortly after I wash them or brush them they look better, but after some time of various activities, especially if sweating, I have a messy hair look, as they do not remain brushed and look unnatural, because I keep them long for more coverage.

If I use a product to hold the hair in place, after a while the look greasy. The best condition is shortly after I damp and brush.

Hello,

I had a couple of old bad HT and a couple of repair sessions with Dr. Shapiro.

My result has not been finalized yet, more than a year, as I still see small frizzy hair but there is a significant change.

My concern is that although the repair sessions succeeded, my hair do not look good always. Shortly after I wash them or brush them they look better, but after some time of various activities, especially if sweating, I have a messy hair look, as they do not remain brushed and look unnatural, because I keep them long for more coverage.

If I use a product to hold the hair in place, after a while the look greasy. The best condition is shortly after I damp and brush.

stamos, it sounds like you have hair now - congrats!!!! Go buy a brush :)

Dr Arocha

3626 FU's

H1: 508

H2: 1741

H3: 1377

My Hairloss Website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2127

stamos, it sounds like you have hair now - congrats!!!! Go buy a brush :)

Haha, good call there!

Stamos, would love to see some pics man. I would have to say that my hair wouldn't look great unless I styled it a bit in the morning - the same could be said for when I was in high school. In fact, I now spend about 5-10 minutes every morning applying a little concealer here and a little aveda grooming clay there (of course that is before my hair was shaved for my last procedure). And making the best out of transplanted hair certainly requires good/strategic styling. But like Ahairdown says, it's not a bad problem to have! :D

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Haha, good call there!

Stamos, would love to see some pics man. I would have to say that my hair wouldn't look great unless I styled it a bit in the morning - the same could be said for when I was in high school. In fact, I now spend about 5-10 minutes every morning applying a little concealer here and a little aveda grooming clay there (of course that is before my hair was shaved for my last procedure). And making the best out of transplanted hair certainly requires good/strategic styling. But like Ahairdown says, it's not a bad problem to have! :D

Thanks for replies. aaron how do you keep all day the style that you give your hair in the morning?

(pics soon in the subforum results posted by patients)

It does take some effort in the styling department. The thing to remember is that we never gain the full density we once had before our hairloss began to be noticable. It is the illusion we gain, not the density.

One thing that has helped me over the years is a styling technique that my hair stylist showed me that you create with a blow dyer and "air brush".

You can build visual volume by pulling the hair forward and bending back the brush to create a large open curl effect. Hold the heat from the hair dryer directly onto the rolled hair on the brush for 15 seconds or so. You have to get the high heat blowing right on the curl. It's the same effect as using curlers but the heat of the hair dryer is what holds the bend in place.

Then you brush back the hair with the air brush and you instantly can create a volume of hair that appears more dense and full. Make a smaller curl if you want to keep the volume more realistic looking. Brush the hair in place. Then use a good hair spray that is not sticky to hold the volume in place.

I rinse out my hair in the shower every night and start new every morning by rebuilding the volume and spraying again. I don't have to necessarily shampoo every night but I use a high pressure spray to rinse out my hair as clean as possible each night before bed.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I never thought I would try air brush.

Try it Stamos. It really works. Possibly talk to several hair stylists about building volume with a hair dryer and air brush and ask them to demonstrate it for you on your own head.

That way you can learn the technique first hand and then improvise the way you want it to look. In other words, they can show you how to build lots of volume or just enough to make the right visual impact that looks most natural for you.

Some look better with more volume, some less. You will know once you start to master the technique of building visual volume.

Hope this helps out!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY