shaved head best for minoxidil foam?

byron

my hairloss at the moment is very minimal but i have seen slight loss over the years, anyway as i have hair at the moment would it b better if i shaved my head for the medication to penetrate to the shafts better without some getting clogged in the surrounding hair?

You don't have to shave your head to apply minoxidil but it would be tons easier to apply it if you did. Also, are you on Finasteride? It works at the source of the problem and people tend to have more consistent success with Finasteride and minoxidil than just minoxidil. A lot of people just take Finasteride alone but using both have a synergistic effect. Also most hair transplant physicians recommend using Nizoral shampoo 2 or 3 times a week. It's a mild topical DHT blocker plus it kills any fungus on the scalp and helps with the itching associated with mpb.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

ill try that shampoo then, i have not tried finasteride yet wouldnt know how to begin to ask the doc for it, my hair loss is only slight though and i see new growth in the front with minox foam

You want the Rogaine to reach down to the scalp, so shorter hair does help. Any that coats the hair is essentially waste.

If your hairloss is slight and you've been lucky enough to experience re-growth with Rogaine, then I would keep Finasteride on standby and only use it if you have to.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

You want the Rogaine to reach down to the scalp, so shorter hair does help. Any that coats the hair is essentially waste.

If your hairloss is slight and you've been lucky enough to experience re-growth with Rogaine, then I would keep Finasteride on standby and only use it if you have to.

But then Rogaine doesn't tackle the root of the problem while Finasteride does. So doesn't it make sense to be using Finasteride as well?

But then Rogaine doesn't tackle the root of the problem while Finasteride does. So doesn't it make sense to be using Finasteride as well?

It does. I'd say that Finasteride is much more important, but using both makes a lot of sense (and is common).

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Agree..I like keeping my hair short for this reason!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website