Rogaine Foam on Shaved head

Hello everybody,

I am considering an HT in the future, but im not sure if im ready for it this year.. my hair line is almost gone and i would like to keep shaving my head with trimmer until im ready for the HT. but meanwhile, i really do not want to lose any hair on the crown and vertex since they already thin, and would like to try to thicken them or at least keep what i have for now till i go for my HT. my question is can i use Rogaine Foam on shaved head ? like can i keep shaving my head and applying the foam on a daily basis, would that keep that i have and maybe make it more thick or it is useless and i have to keep whatever have i have long in order to use the foam or liquid ?

your reply is highly appreciated.

Thanks guys, i think i will do that for the meantime till im ready for the HT, i believe this option would be good even if i don't go for HT since buzzing your hair while having some hair on top looks still better than buzzing it while there is no hair at all in the crown and vertex area.

One more thing, i read alot about rogaine and some people say that if you use it and then quit you will lose even more hair than you used to lose before using it, but some other people say you will only lose the hair that grew because of it, but your native hair lose might progress but on the same level that was before using rogaine (NOT MORE). on other words, if i use rogaine and quit, would i experience more native hair lose than im experiencing now ???? (even though right now my hair is kinda thin from the crown and vertex but im not experiencing any visible hair lose) but I want to use the rogain to thicken my hair and keep what I have.

Please let me know your opentions.

You could lose more hair faster. Kinda like a catch up phase then it will go

back to normal. In other words, the hair you would have lost anyway but maintained from the rogaine, you could lose faster.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website