Dr. Hasson/8402 Grafts/One Session/4 Months

Hey Jotronic,

This topic came up in another thread- and I'm not sure if you will see it-- but now that I'm curious, I have to ask (hope I don't annoy anyone asking a similar question in 2 threads)-- but your input is like Gold to some of us.. so here goes:

In your patient's BEFORE pic, he kind looks like Matt Lauer..

I am attaching a pic of Matt Lauer that shows his recent hair loss status.

If Matt Lauer were to get a hair transplant, could he be as lucky in getting as good results?

I'm guessing not because Lauer's donor region does not appear to be as high quality as your patient's pic. How much hope would there be for someone in Lauer's case, compared to your guy? I just wish there was a better way of predicting expected results.

Good question. From the limited view of his donor it looks fairly dense and with the salt & pepper color he would get good coverage. His hair also appears to be fairly coarse so that too would aid in coverage. The challenge is that his sides are pretty low so some grafts would be used for this area. The crown wouldn't be touched at all but just doing the front, having a nice hairline that is believable and coverage for the front half and blended to lowe density in the vertex would make a huge positive difference. Before anything though, I'd advice Mr. Lauer to start Propecia:)

The patient you referenced has characteristics that we typically find in our Spanish patients. Above average donor density, above average donor laxity which allows for big numbers and eventually big results.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question. From the limited view of his donor it looks fairly dense and with the salt & pepper color he would get good coverage. His hair also appears to be fairly coarse so that too would aid in coverage. The challenge is that his sides are pretty low so some grafts would be used for this area. The crown wouldn't be touched at all but just doing the front, having a nice hairline that is believable and coverage for the front half and blended to lowe density in the vertex would make a huge positive difference. Before anything though, I'd advice Mr. Lauer to start Propecia:)

The patient you referenced has characteristics that we typically find in our Spanish patients. Above average donor density, above average donor laxity which allows for big numbers and eventually big results.

Thank you!! That answers alot.

Is there any indication from that picture of Matt Lauer that he does not take propecia? Would you expect that his crown would be more filled in if he were to take Propecia-- or is it just a wild guess?

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.