Dr. Hasson/8402 Grafts/One Session/4 Months

This patient came to Dr. Hasson to address as much of his hair loss as possible. He was classified between a NW5A and NW6 and received 8402 grafts in one session. Placement was spread from the new hairline well into the crown with a new whorl pattern established for good coverage.

The patient sent us the photos below that I paired up with his before photos to show what is happening at only four months post-op. Obviously, he has much more improvement to expect and with his permission I'll update this case as new photos become available.

hwmp84004months_001.jpg?2135437959

hwmp84004months_002.jpg?345409199

hwmp84004months_003.jpg?1849245276

hwmp84004months_004.jpg?790264918

Edited by Jotronic

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

received 8402 grafts in one session.

That's insane! This guy must have superhuman donor. Very nice result--can't believe that's just 4 months out. .... Is this the largest case H&W have done to date? How many grafts does he have left? Please post some post-ops, too.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thats an amazing transformation. Looking forward to see how this case process. I expect that you will keep us updated.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

1 mg 5 % Minoxidil once a day.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Head and Shoulders every day.

Nizoral 2 % one time a week.

Emu oil.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/cardel25/blog/403/

Yes insane.com I hate this man lol. It must be the biggest I've ever seen! Londonlad had around 8000 if I remember right. It does appear Dr Hasson is always one step ahead of everyone else, when other surgeons start doing 6000 he's moving towards 9000 lol.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Amazing result for 4 months! Can't wait to see the 6 month result. And yeah, I'd love to see how many 3 and 4 hair grafts this guy has.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 3 weeks later...

The patient just sent us these photos today. Since so many people have emailed me about this patient I quickly put them together to share with you as soon as I could.

This is the patient's five month update.

hwmp84004months_001.jpg?1068888660

hwmp84004months_002.jpg?548200573

hwmp84004months_003.jpg?929120717

hwmp84004months_005.jpg?1433631035

hwmp84004months_006.jpg?1003224885

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Wow!! This is probably the best I've ever seen this early in the game!! Well done I envy this man. Don't know if you've answered this already but does he have any remaining donor left? Not sure if he would ever need it as almost all hair on top is now transplants but just curious. Way to keep pushing the possibilities of ht!!

Looks great.

So how many grafts typically to cover up the scalp "completely"? Like 20 000? Just wondering if anyone has had the donor hair to do so and how the scare looks.

thanks!

greatjob,

Don't know if you've answered this already but does he have any remaining donor left?

Yes, he does. One thing to keep in mind when you see these large cases is that they are unique in that the patient has above average laxity and or above average density. In cases where the graft count reaches in this realm however both characteristics are present.

Another thing to keep in mind is that these larger sessions are relative to what other patients get when they have average characteristics. Meaning, if an average patient can get 4000 to 4500 grafts by our hands in one session then they typically have 3500 to 4000 available over "x" number of subsequent procedures. Therefore, a patient like this may have up to 5000 more grafts or more over "x" number of subsequent procedures. In other words, patients that have more hair available in one session than the average patient generally have more hair available overall. I hope this makes sense.

So how many grafts typically to cover up the scalp "completely"? Like 20 000? Just wondering if anyone has had the donor hair to do so and how the scare looks.

The number of grafts necessary to "cover up the scalp completely" is relative. Some patients, assuming NW6 status, think they have complete coverage with 6000 grafts but of course this coverage is with low density especially in the crown area. Others don't think they have complete coverage until they've had 10,000 grafts so that they have moderate density throughout. If you are asking how many grafts it takes for complete coverage AND density, again for a NW6, then it is not possible as far too many hairs have been lost on a NW6 than is available in the donor area.

Keep in mind that in addition to the numbers the hair characteristics also come into play, such as hair color, hair shaft diameter, etc. For instance if two NW6 patients with the exact same hair characteristics with the only difference being color, you could see a big difference. Jet black hair on fair skinned scalp will look thinner than light hair on tanned scalp because there is a lower contrast ratio. Same thing with fine hair vs. coarse hair and so on. I hope this helps to put things in perspective for you.

I know that it's impossible because of lack of donor hair, I guess my question is how many grafts despite that fact, all illusions aside (fair skin, black hair, etc)

• 2 months later...