I don't wish to shave donor area..also see this photo's please

I agree. I grew my hair out longer before my surgery. This allowed me to completely cover the donor scar right away and to pretty well blend in the transplanted areas. Dr. Shapiro cut a little of the hairline and the crown area, but did not shave it, so the native hair was short but not shaved. If you have a lot of grafts, there are a lot of new little hairs, so I don't think it is realistic to have it undetectable in the first couple of weeks. However, you can blend things in where it does not jump out at people. Growing it out in advance is key to being able to do that.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

ahairdown,

You are correct. SMG does not require a shave but Dr. Paul highly recommended it. I remember reading a very persuasive article by Dr. Hasson awhile back giving countless reasons why shaving works out better in surgery and the long run. So I am of the opinion that shaving can help give a better result. Yeah, it sucks for a couple months but in the end I believe it's worth the trouble. It also doesn't hurt that I'm able to wear a hat for the next couple of months.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group