am i still losing hair ?

Hello,

I started losing hair like 7 years or 8 years ago (when i was 22 or 23), anyways. since i was 24 i have been shaving my hair as short as possible using a trimmer. I have been doing that regularly for like 5 years, so i never noticed any hair lose during that time since i was already shaving. now i decided to let my hair grow and bit since im considering an HT, of course my hair line is a mess and the front of my hair is bad, but from the middle back ward (crown) it's not bad.

I try to scratch my hair hard on the shower or on the sink but i never see any hairs falling or sticking to my hands, does that mean my hair lost stopped? what is the best way to confirm whether im still losing hair or not ? im not on medications at all nor foam.

can somebody please let me know.....

P.S my crown area ain't that thick and I think it thined too if you compare it to the time before I started shaving. But I don't see my hair falling any more!!

Edited by aim4hair

I would doubt that your miracously stopped falling out, that would be NICE, but I doubt it happened. Hair loss is a constant minituraztion process, so you may not even notice that much shedding going on, However you could have a big shed. The best way to get your loss examined is to go to one of the recomended doctors on this site and have them do an examination on your scalp.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

thanks for the reply.. you are right, but i was thinking that maybe there is different types of balding.. sometimes i see ppl who lost all of their hairs except the sides and backs but also i see some people (from all ages) who lost the front of their hairs only (the hairline starts from the middle of their heads) and they still have the rest of the hairs.

so im not sure if i could be one of those people which i wish i can confirm, so that i can get HT for the front of my hair without worrying about losing the rest of the native hair.

• 2 weeks later...

so once you start balding, if you don't use medication would you keep losing hair till you reach norwood 6 or 7 ? or is it possible to just stop losing hair even without using medications ?

The reason i ask is because i see many people who is half bald, which means their hairline starts from the middle of their head (they lost their hair line and the front but they still have the middle backward), i hope im making since because i don't know the right words for that, so many of those people would just stay like that even when they age, and i don't think all of them are using medications.

so is there away where someone can check whether they will lose the rest of their hair and become norwood 6 or 7, or they they will keep what they have ? would doctors be able to check on that ? or there is no way to check and you can only wait and see ?