Dr. Jonathan Ballon Hair Club Mclean VA

don15

Hi, this is my first time on this site so apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I was hoping to get some reviews (preferably from patients) on the Hair Club location in Mclean Virginia. The surgeon operating out if this site is Dr. Jonathan Ballon (Link removed by moderator). I had the opportunity to speak to him over the phone and he seems very honest and upfront about the whole process of HT. I have a slightly receding hairline and he recommended 1400 grafts after seeing my pics. The price for this would be $8400. Do you all think this is a reasonable price for 1400 grafts? Compared to other posts I read, it seems like a bit above average, but the consultant there told me that Hair Club is more expensive because they only use the best surgeons and guarantee there work. Any reviews of the surgeon and feedback about pricing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! :)

Edited by TakingThePlunge

I have never heard of him. The price is a bit high if it is a strip procedure. Most of the top clinics are charging around $4 pre graft and that quote is at $6. Most would recommend staying away from the big chain clinics with good reason. My advice to you would be to avoid the hair club and do ALOT of research on this site and others. Pick a few of the recommended doctors on this site and have consultations with each of them. At that point you should be informed enough to make a sound decision. Whatever you don't rush into this.

Agree. You need to do a lot of research and have consultations (which can be done on line) with several top surgeons which you can find on this site and then decide on a surgeon that you are comfortable with. Personally, I would not consider a chain like Hair Club.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Yeah, let me save you some heartache. Don't do a HT with Hairclub; I don't care if Dr. Hairclub himself is doing it. Research your butt off on this site for at least a year and consult with top surgeons; H&W, SMG, Feller, Rahal, etc...

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Nothing new, stay away, research this site and the physicians on here! You'll be able to find one that fits what you need on this site. I am so glad I found this site 7 months ago!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

don15,

Before choosing your hair transplant physician, be sure to spend time carefully researching. You only get one shot at a first hair transplant.

You may want to consult our interactive map and locate the prescreened quality hair restoration physicians nearest you. You can then schedule free online consultations with the doctors that interest you.

In Virginia we recommend Dr. William Lindsey.

To learn about our criteria for recommending physicians, click here.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website