Wayne Rooney clinic booked til October

Hi. I live in London UK and had an HT with Dr Feller in New York 3 years ago. It was about 1500 grafts with a strip surgery, only at the front. It went well. The only problem is I now need it thickening up with about the same amount of grafts again. I'm thinking of the Queen Anne St clinic in London where footballer Rooney recently went, but they are booked til October and I can't even get a quote from them for 1500 grafts. Their website results look very good, as does the Rooney result. Does anyone here know about the prices for about about 1500 grafts from the London clinic, by any chance please? I may go back to Dr Feller though.

I've heard the London clinic do a graft surgery other than strip which results in a near 98 percent graft survival. That sounds amazing to me, I lost quite a few in my last surgery that didn't grow. Can anyone tell me anything about this technique please?

Cheers :)

Edited by LondonHTseeker

Even if rooneys results are good doesnt mean yours will,i think the harley st clinic is a bit like armani's clinic in that celebs like gordon ramsey will get top treatment and the average joe wont..i could be completly wrong just a notion i have.

Had a look at the website and the results do look ok in fairness the videos are honesty with no deception but i also noticed they use that stupid implanter thing like the choi one and the one those useless ****ers from greece use.

London,

I highly recommend researching the Farjo Medical Centre. Feel free to ask any additional questions. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

mate, be careful, I think you could potentially be making a mistake if you go to the place that rooney went to, espeically if you're going there solely on the strength of it being where Rooney had his done. Have you seen any results from that clinic? Had you even heard of them before?

Do you think Rooney spent his free hours going through HT forums, and speaking to people like Spex?

English docs don't have the best of reputations, with the exception of Farjo. I'd be very, very careful, and I'm probably not alone in expecting Rooney's HT not to look the best - that's not to say it won't of course.

Why not go back to Feller? I had an HT with him in 2007, then went back last year for a hairling bulk-up, which I'm currently 9 months through. If you were happy with your first HT, and the service you got, surely it makes sense to go with what you know, rather than risk a clinic we know very little about.

My 2nd HT is kicking in really nicely, and it was really not that much effort to jet back over to NYC.

Have a word with Spex maybe?

There are many clinics and many doctors who are not good at the work they do. One surgeon in USA I can highly recommend is Dr. Jerry Cooley in Charlotte. If you need more information I will be happy to send to you by mail.

-kaviar

Thanks for all your replies. It's useful to get feedback on the London clinic, that's what I was hoping for. I guess they seem risky, like an unknown entity if you will. I could well go back to Dr Feller, it's the safe choice and I'm sure it would sort me out.

In answer to whether I've lost anymore hair, no I haven't which is why I've been able to go fairly low with the hairline. I'm lucky in that respect - 35 and not lost anymore hair for a few years now. I don't take hair meds either. I'll likely need some work on my crown when I hit my sixties but that's not a big deal.

This sort of thing really pisses me off why is harley medical booked up till october? Just because a footballer went there, not been funny but he's not the brightest footballer in the world either but we've not even seen his result yet and I've only ever seen 1 own patients photos which were only at 4 months so they clearly do not deserve this new found respect.

For me anyone who goes there based on harleys own website results and the fact Rooney went there is asking for trouble.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

In my opinion I'd only ever go back to Dr feller and that the jury is out on Rooneys HT but based on the cliic and the method that Rooney needs properly research his HT next time ;-)

At the end of the day You can't build a reputation on things you haven't done. Let's see this huge wave of booked out HT's for the clinic and how they come out over the next 12-18 months. If they are any good they should be showing results which are as equally as impressive as the established Docs, that knock out consistent results week in week out.

It would be good for the UK to finally get more than just one or two docs that are worth going t, but until they get consistent results you have to go with what you know.

:)2250 Strip Dr Feller

:)1900 Strip Dr Feller

-----------------------------------

2 Great HT's & Experiences

-----------------------------------

That would be amazing to have a clinic in the uk worth the wait. I really hope all these results go well!

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I've just read about a botch job from this clinic on here so it seems they are risky. I also don't like the way they have no information on the surgeon/s on their site. Rooney may get a good result, and from a new photo I saw of him on holiday yesterday it seems it's looking that way, but they would obviously put serious effort into getting him a good result, as their showpiece. Whether the clinic can now consistently match that result, despite their botch jobs of the past, is the question. It seems they have a lot to prove.

Edited by LondonHTseeker

Considering the great reputation of Feller (if you're prepared for another long haul flight post-op), or the amount of quality surgeons in the EU (Bisanga, Farjo, Devroye, Feriduni), I see no reason to risk your donor supply and money on a Harley Street clinic.

Bear in mind that a lot of Harley Street clinics tend to be governed by cosmetic surgery chains (Transform, Harley Medical, MYA etc), so you're buying into the company - not the surgeon. Christ, I'll be surprised if you'll get to meet or even find out your surgeon before you get on the operating table.

There are one or two respected plastic surgeons at Harley St, but, to the best of my knowledge, not a single hair transplant surgeon who is ISHRS-certified and has a solid reputation.

See my recent hairline results from Dr. Feller here:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/161087-my-experiences-2146-fu-strip-transplant-dr-feller.html#post2267827

I also wrote the following in response to a previous thread and since it is highly relevant to this topic, I have copied & pasted here for ease.

I was offered a two day 2000+ FUE procedure at the HS Hair Clinic, Queen Anne St., for 7200 GBP.

Previous Post

The reason for this post is that I would like to add to my former post that the HS Hair Clinic at which Wayne Rooney had his transplant done is also the one at which I cancelled a prospective procedure after consultation with Spex and before travelling to see Dr. Feller in New York. Incidentally (and not surprisingly), their website is also experiencing unprecedented traffic. I have nothing against the staff, they were very friendly/helpful; however, I wasn't comfortable that there would be much room for negotiation regarding the position and nature of my hairline. The Slovakian doctor didn't seem comfortable (from her own experience) that the hairs would point in the right direction if my greatly receded hairline was significantly lowered. This was the whole point of my transplant and a result that was, fortunately, affored to me by Dr. Feller. Secondly, since I do not know how my hair loss will progress, I might require a substantial number of grafts in the future. FUE, which is the only technique they perform, would not have maximised my donor potential. Wayne Rooney has always worn his hair fairly short and since losing his hair, cropped. A strip scar may thus have been responsible for his decision to opt for the FUE technique at this clinic.

Only providing FUE panders to typical consumer culture: "FUE is the latest, most advanced technique and everyone wants it"! It may be a useful adjunct to the strip procedure, but is it really suitable for larger sessions and patients that will require further transplants in the future? All of the above fill me with doubts about the HS Hair Clinic.

I've just read about a botch job from this clinic on here so it seems they are risky. I also don't like the way they have no information on the surgeon/s on their site. Rooney may get a good result, and from a new photo I saw of him on holiday yesterday it seems it's looking that way, but they would obviously put serious effort into getting him a good result, as their showpiece. Whether the clinic can now consistently match that result, despite their botch jobs of the past, is the question. It seems they have a lot to prove.

I'm going to have a look for this new photo, but it's definitely too early to judge. Even celebs don't get to bypass the doldrum stage. :)

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

have you looked at Dr Radhu Reddy - he appears to do FUE. I'm also on the verge of signing up but to Dr rogers for 2000 to fix receding corners and to straighten up the front. Quote cost ?4750.

john boy

any feedback on rogers or reddy would be appreciated.

Rogers was widely known as the best surgeon in the uk around 5 years ago but his reputation seemed to slip and all I've heard since is bad stories, nothing major but not good. He is very expensive still I see.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I take all your points about the feasibility of FUE v strip for someone who has a lot of/potential for hair loss. Thing is I don't have that so I'm wondering if I should go with FUE this time instead of strip. I also have a pretty noticeable donor scar to sort out. I'm a bit disappointed in the percentage of my grafts that came through, I'd like the next result to have a higher graft survival ratio. Budget is also a factor for me. So now I'm struggling to know what to do - go back to Dr Feller for a quarter off the price of another strip surgery, but factor in travel costs as well, or maybe check out Dr Farjo on Harley Street. It's all a lot more effort than I ever figured it would be - as someone who was suffering from relatively minimal hair loss to start with and picked a top surgeon - I can only imagine how hard it must be for those with significant hair loss, especially those who get botch jobs.

Edited by LondonHTseeker

If your grafts didn't grow dr feller should be doing it for free.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

No mate not at all that's not the normal stanadard you pay for a ht and you should get a ht. I remember getting some guarntee on paper from hw that all the grafts would grow but they can't say what effect it would have on the over all appearance which sounded fair enough.

If a woman paid for c cup boobs but only one side survived they'd be all hell on and it should be the same for any cosmetic surgery. To be fair feller is a real stand up guy i'm sure he'd be horrified to see 60% percent survival on one of his hts.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Why not go back to Feller? I had an HT with him in 2007, then went back last year for a hairling bulk-up, which I'm currently 9 months through. If you were happy with your first HT, and the service you got, surely it makes sense to go with what you know, rather than risk a clinic we know very little about.

My 2nd HT is kicking in really nicely, and it was really not that much effort to jet back over to NYC.

Have a word with Spex maybe?

I don't know what to think now, really. I don't know what is standard revision protocol. I mean I wasn't expecting to have to have or pay for another one...

Skinnyshaft, if you don't mind me asking did you pay for your hairline bulking up or get a reduction, or was it free? I don't want anyone to think I'm being disrespectful to Dr Feller here, quite the opposite, I appreciate what he did for me. Like I say, I'm just confused now.

Edited by LondonHTseeker