Iteresting article

Hey everyone,

I read this article on a different site and found it quite interesting. Would be great if some of you could take the time to read this and give your thoughts on the subject. Has the person pretty much summed up on what to expect after a hair transplant even if one visits a good reputable doctor or is his views slightly outdated with how far hair transplantation surgery has advanced over the years? :confused:

"There is a small percentage of people who get good results, not a full head of heair by any means but a good result that when combined with concealer can look great unless you look up close. But trust me, they are the minority not the majority. You really have to see a good HT up close to understand what I mean. But when you spend ?12,000 and still have to wear a hat in bright light and people still glance up at your hairline you realise the score. HTs will never ever give a full looking head of hair. There's not enough donor hair to cover the top of your head fully and it not be see-through. If hair multiplication works out, and I'm talking 10-20 years from now, then that could work as there will not be a finate number of follicles. "

Welcome to the party pal. I disagree with that statement as there are so many factors involved: the skill of the surgeon, your level of loss, how many grafts you have put in, your type of hair, density & laxity in the donor, method of operation that is used, skin colour and even hair colour.

There are a lot of successful ops. Search on here.

HTs have come a long way now & we're lucky we live in an age where it's possible to have such a natural result.

The surgeon's ability is very important.

Thanks for your input Dutch. I totally agree with you that hair transplants have come a long way in providing natural results.However the key is that while one cannot expect a full head of hair a reasonable amount of hair can be expected depending on skill of surgeon etc.

If you have reasonable expectations you should be fine. Any of the top surgeons you find on this site will talk to you about what you can expect based on your situation. Then you just decide if that works for you or not. I disagree with the statement in the article you read.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1