Dr Wong - One Year On

BillyJ

Hello everyone,

I reached the first anniversary of my transplant on 13 May 2011. The following photos were taken on 15 May 2011. Apologies again for the indifferent quality; hopefully they convey an indication of progress made.

The year has gone swiftly by and I am delighted with the result. I clearly have a hairline, the hole in my head is gone, albeit with thin covering. The top of my head is also relatively thin, certainly under an unforgiving light. Nevertheless, such seemingly apparent negatives are unequivocal positives for me. From where I began to where I am is a significant leap; tangible as well as in faith. I am thankful for the skill of my Surgeon Dr Wong and his wonderful (or should that be Wongderful) technicians and for Hair Transplant Network, specifically this Forum, as without it I would not have embarked on this adventure.

The above two paragraphs have been pasted from my blog, thus the photos mentioned are there too - after all this time I am still to master the art of including pictures within a thread!?

I have booked a second transplant with Dr Wong, when it is hoped I will achieve between 1200 and 1500 graphs, 800 of which should be placed in the crown and the remainder in the front third. The surgery is scheduled for 23 August 2011. I shall be happy to keep you updated with my progress.

Be pleased if you would take a look at my blog and happy to recieve comments and to answer any questions.

Regards.

Bill

Congrats, you came a long way. Since you are having a second HT, have you thought about adding some temple points? A very mall amount of grafts can go a long way in framing the face.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thank you for your kind words Spanker, much appreciated.

Essentially, it's a case of prioritising available graphs. I met with Dr Wong last month and he feels I might only achieve around 1200 graphs, possibly up to 1500 with good laxity. This is more or less the extent of my remaining donor capability. Therefore, given my age, I think I would be better served by addressing a thin crown and adding density to the front/mid section. However, you raise a good point that I don't wish to dismiss entirely so will mention it during my pre-op consultation with Dr Wong.

Regards.

Bill

Billy,

Congrats! I've enjoyed following your progress this past year and I'm very happy that you are pleased with your result. In my opinion, it looks very good for a man your age. If I were in your shoes I would not go any deeper into the crown or lower the hairline at all. Instead, I'd simply thicken up the area that you've already transplanted because your current hairline placement and thin crown are very age appropriate.

Good of you to respond TC and thank you for your encouraging viewpoint.

My hair is particularly thin in the crown and adding around 800 graphs will give the area first transplanted a fuller appearence but not inappropriately dense. I agree, lowering the hairline would not be beneficial and I have no intention of doing so. Just looking to add a degree or two of density that a few hundred graphs should provide. All in all, if things go well, I should achieve an overall improvement top down also. In person the current result, now into its 14th month, is better presented than in my poorly taken photos. So in reality a marginal improvement is the expectation but one that will perform even better in those unforgiving lights I referred to in my initial post.

Regards.

Billy