How about a "hair transplant network" app?

How about a smart phone app? Just make it a little easier to navigate with your smart phone..also, I know a lot of people do thier updates with Iphone picture, just may make it a little easier...

What do you guys thinks?

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Also, maybe make the app user friendly for real time updates during surgery. I just think this would be a cool deal. I'm always on the HTN on my smart phone, but I have to go through safari. A app would be great!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Yeah, it's true that navigating through the forums on the my iPhone is a bit tough with all the continuous zooming. Something to look into for sure.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Pat and Bill have discussed creating a smart phone app for the community. I'll ask Bill if there are any plans to move forward with this.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Guys,

Thanks for your input regarding the creation of a Hair Transplant Network mobile application. We've considered creating an actual downloadable application but then figured that the vast majority of hair loss sufferers probably wouldn't want to download such an app since many people share their phone with others and would rather keep their concerns about hair loss to themselves.

However, we are currently working on mobile friendly sites which doesn't require an actual application. Thus, when people visit our website from their mobile device, they'll be automatically redirected to a more mobile friendly version of each site. This is still in its beginning phases however, once it's complete, it should make browsing our sites from a mobile device easier and more compelling. However, do note that the full version of our sites are currently and will always be viewable by mobile devices.

Best wishes,

Bill

Customized mobile forums would be great. I'd certainly be able to contribute more. Good idea, let's make it happen!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

If you use responsive design (media queries, resizing for mobile form factors), you shouldn't need an actual app, just a more mobile-optimized version of the current website, which I think is what Bill's saying. In any case, this is getting very easy to do. /webdesigner

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

Bill,

I don't have any problem viewing the site on my droid or iPad but with the iPad for some reason I can't reply to a pm. Anyway your idea sounds good and I look forward to it materializing at some point.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874