G/Sq cm on Crown?

I know its case dependant but in general, what are crowns typically planted at (Grafts per sq cm)?

I find in most crown cases that the entire crown is tackled with the number of grafts extracted. I am thinking that I would rather put a very good density on the paremeter to close it down to a relatively small center circle and then just add a very light sprinking in that circle. This would ensure a solid side profile. I would rather this then a thin coverage over the enire crown.

Any thoughts?

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

• Moderators

I keep thinking the same thing. I already have some very thin coverage in my crown from some old HTs, but I have a very large thinning crown area. If I can get maybe get an inch around the perimeter filled in it would look better than spreading the same amount of grafts over the entire area.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 1 month later...

From what I've read it depends on existing hair in the area but that 40-50grafts or follices per sq/cm provides a dense look. I too would like work done on my crown and keen to establish which doctors have had the most success with rebuilding crowns, successfully, in one pass.

In terms of how you've described how you'd want your crown to look it would appear to be a natural/logical way of thinking but I would want to hear from a doctor in a face to face consultation so as to manage my expectations. Good luck.