Considering FUE but confused

Hi everybody,

I am new to participate this forum even though i have been reading it for while..

Im almost 29 years old and have been losing my hairline specially and the front area for a while. i have been shaving my head with trimmer (0) for the part 5 years which is fine with me since im one of those lucky people who look OK with shaved head (except the fact that my nose does not go with shaved head, specially from the sides, so if i decided to not go for HT, i will just go for nose job and live happy with my bald head :P ) However, im really considering HT since im sick of shaving every other day. but im so hasetate to move forward with that for the following reasons:

1) i will not be taking meds because of all the side effects i read about specially that im looking to build a family soon, and i don't want to risk anything.

2) Mainly my balding area is from the front and hair line, from the middle of my head there is hair if i keep it it will grow i guess , however, im afraid after doing the HT i will lose the rest of my hair from the middle backward and then i would not even be able to shave it so short with a trimmer even if use FUE (since it still leaves a scar) and if i did HT and starting to bald more and decided to go back to shaving then i would like to shave as short as possible to cover that im balding as much as i can.

3) If i go for HT it will be FUE for sure, because even though it leaves small scars if i shave in the future, but at least someone can live with that instead of going FUT and have the scar line (no matter how thin it is)

4) If i go for FUE i will go with Dr. Keser (i already did my research and he is the best suitable option for me in terms of location and FUE results). I have contacted Dr. Keser through the website around 5 days ago but there is no reply, and there is no option for online consultation or reservation in the site. so if anybody knows please let me know how can i get in touch with him and send him my concerns and then reserve for HT if i decided to go for it.

Please let me know your thoughts regarding my concerns. and thanks again for this great forum.

You could try mino if you don't want to try propecia. Not everyone reacts to side effects the same. I take propecia 3 times a week. But if you're family planning & don't want to use it, you may just follow the FUE route. Any pics?

I heard keser takes the grafts for FUE a little high up. Some consider that as outside the safe zone. Not trying to scare you but research it.

You can only wait for his clinic to respond

Thanks dutch for the reply, im aware of the safe zone issue with dr. keser, but they stated that it is the exception not the rule, and i will make sure before i proceed that im not one of those exceptions otherwise i would reconsider it. thanks to this forum, it gives you alot of knowledge to proceed.

what do you mean of the FUE route? would that mean keep going through FUE HT every time i loser more ? would that even be possible, im afraid that at later stage i would run out of donor hair, where i have no option but to shave my head.

also i heard from some ppl that i could use spray instead of pills to keep my native hair there and that would not effect any sexual ability or have any side effects, is that true ?

Regards,

No worries. Welcome to the party, this is a great website for info. You'll hear a lot. Some true, some debatable.

Yeah I was following on from what you wish to have- the FUE procedure.

It depends on your hair characteristics& how much you've lost & the pattern you seem to have for the future.

For example, if you're only on the early levels on the Norwood scale, then yes FUE would be realistic.

But yes, you may need to keep going back every few years- but what choice do we have?

You either wait until the loss is significant & then go for a big session or go for smaller sessions. There's no easy way out. The average man has 6-8k grafts. Could be more. That's still a good amount in the tank. FUE is more costly & the survival rate is not as successful as FUT.

Use minoxidil foam or lotion then. That's a sort of alternative to the propecia tablet. Either products only slow down the inevitable.