Good wishes 'n Suggestions sought..

Hi Friends, coming back to the forum after a long period, courtsy a hectic schedule.

As time has permitted, ( and so has a personal loan from a bank) now ready to TAKE THE PLUNGE :-) this weekend.

In a nearby city, a well known surgeon has promised to give excellent results with a 5K FUE, in two consecutive days, i.e, on May 28 & 29.

Since I'm going for the procedure alone, 've decided to put stay at a lodge in that city only, for two days.

I'm quite thankful to this great forum for enlightening me on many aspects of HT.

I shall be extremely grateful for further suggestion for pre and post procedure do's and don't's, from the experienced members of the forum.

And most inportant to remind you all, that yours' good wishes are awaited here..

-Sam

OP first of all best of luck for ur HT.

hoping that the surgeon meets all ur expectations..

plsss share more info with community here, like pics, surgeon info, and post HT feedback

Thanks a lot dear friends, for your good wishes ! Well, till now, the surgeon hasn't given me any instructions on do's & dont's. Well, i hope the respectable surgeon provides me with his best skills ! He assured me of the same . I shall be posting my pics and narrate my experience with the forum fellows, and shall remain in touch via this forum.

Thank you all !

Man proposes..God disposes..

'was all geared up for the Big Day, but, stars were in no mood to give a nod . The reason - some emergency has cropped up and the OT shall be functional only by Tuesday. The good surgeon has now finalised Tuesday, the 31 May for the same.

So friends, two more days for receiving your 'bonus good wishes'. 'shall share later.

Thanks again..

Dear Kathie, Atomic, Neojkj, Joekidd & the community, thank you all buddies..for your much needed wishes, and for being there..

The good & handsome surgeon's promise for a good result has kindled the ray of hope in the otherwise darkness of uncertainty.

..shall post the details & pics later.

Thanks again !

Hi friends !

Back from the first session of my long desired HT. AMAZING.. this is the most apt word to describe my experience in nut-shell. I felt that today my head was in the most caring hands . I've been told that 2.5K follicles have been grafted in the middle. The rest 2.5K would be done tomorrow, at the front and back. I hope i get a good density of about 50 as promised to me.

Well, resting and about to go to bed, as 've to reach early morning for the second session.

Bye for now.:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi friends !

So, here I(H)T is !

After procuring a personal loan, took off for ten days, and finalised a good surgeon who promised 5k FUE. Ten days back, two sessions of about 8 hrs each were put in. I've been told that 5000 grafts 've been planted. The surgery was quite comfortable. The good surgeon and his staff were very caring throughout.

The bandage was removed the next day at the clinic and was given post-op instructions. There was total numbness all over, alongwith drowsiness.

The next day, acute swelling appeared around forehead and eyes, which has subdued a bit today, i.e, on the 5th day.

Well, after bandage removal on day 2, I was taken aback on finding that the temple area, which was under the original plan, has not been touched at all. The hairline was also uppish. The good surgeon told that he could not find any single hair grafts, so he left it out. He said that if necessary , he'll do it later sometime.

So, that means, the hairline has no single hair grafts ? Is it going to be a pluggish hairline?

I also found that the crown, my major concern, is also in want of some coverage. For this, I've been told that since the area around was shaved, the visible empty area has original hair.

Well, this all is a bit contradictory to the earlier consultations with other surgeons, all three of whom had claimed that a 5k FUE would easily take care of all concerns and give complete coverage, which, to my dismay, is not apparent.

It's the 10th day. A few scabs have come off. A couple of these were with hairs.

The whole plunge is a very huge step for me. To be true, I'm apprehensive and anxious .

Thanks , that though virtually, the forum friends are here for lonely people like me for guidance and support.

Waiting for your knowledgable advice after you study the pics in my album EMBARKATION.

Thanks for all these details and good luck. who was your doctor?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 years later...