2nd surgery

Hi guys! Its me again!

I had 3150 grafts with Dr Pat in Bangkok exactly 1 yr ago and results have been mediocre at best. However, thats not wat my post is abt. I have absolute faith in the nice doc and we have a couple long discussions during my 2 trips down to the city of smiles. Basically my hair is fine so density is an issue and i had many 2hairs, with v little 3 hairs. But still, i prob think not all grew as 3150 grafts is not a small number so i was quite disappointed to get such results. Anyway, like i mentioned, its not the pt. I am scheduling for a 2nd surgery. He is of the idea that i shld just do a 1500grafts thereabout. I had abt 38graft/cm2 on my 1st surgery as my HT area was 83cm2. He hopes to build it up to 50 and leave it at that. However, logically, if i am to spend another devilish one year waiting for results ( been there, done that, its really a painful one year...) i would want the maximum ( maybe 3k ish ) and get the extra grafts all the way up 2/3 of my head. However, i think he is concerned that my hair is beginning to miniaturise and might hasten the loss of native hair

I would appreciate comments esp from those who had 2 surgeries and before. Oh, and 1 more thing, Dr Pat mentioned that HT hair is less susceptible to shock loss compared to native hair so he expects me to not suffer so much shock loss. Comments?

Edited by wb280

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Can you post some new photos of the one year result? Are you using any medication like minoxidil or finasteride, because that would help with miniatirization of your native hair. Your results will definitely improve with a second treatment, as your density will be much greater, and it's very common for people to go through two treatments to get a dense appearance.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

It is true that you probably shocked out most of the weaker hair during the post operative period of the first procedure. It is also true that in general previously transplanted hairs tend to not shock as easily as a weak thinning original hair and if they do fall out from shock it would most likely be temporary.

hi hairupthere and dr Charles, thanks for the comments! Actually the reason i am delaying the photos is simple, and u prob guessed it. Its really not flattering, even the good doc said so. I do not want to garner any hate comments and then my doc goto come in and explain etc as i accepted the reasons he mentioned and has decided to move on. Also, as u prob know, there are a few haters in this forum so the last thing i want is to start an online spat :)

Anyway Dr PAt has prescribed to me oral minox tablets. Its not FDA approved but apparently, according to Dr PAt, he has seen extremely marvellous results from those consuming it systematically. A dosage of 2.5mg is very safe in his opinion and he himself has been taking it for 15 yrs. Dr Charles, any comments?

Lastly, do u guys think i shld opt for a full 3k ish surgery or some top up in the frontal zone ( i am at 38 grafts/cm2 ) and leave the 2/3 and beyond as it is? I am generally thinning and he is worried that if i do up that area, it might cause the weak hairs to fall out faster... decisions decisions!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730