Post HT photos and industry standards

Hello All...

I had an HT about 4 months back and had been researching on the subject for about an year before I took the plunge. The one aspect that baffled me most was the way different doctors showcased their results. Some pics were shot in virtually no light, some in dull lighting and quite a few in angles where the results weren't quite clear. It is clear that some doctors resorted to using illusion through intelligent photographic techniques to deceive people

Now, the question I have is, is there a specific basic standard defined within the HT space on lighting, angles etc., which the surgeons use to showcase their work? If there isn't any, wouldn't defining a standard help in helping anyone judge surgeons' quality of work? This thought just came up when I was browsing through some results, do share your thoughts...

Thanks...

there is a standard on this website that is outlined to the doctors and it is on here if you look. i can't remember where it is. also, they get called out quite quickly if it looks suscpicious. that said, some will come out and profess that they have no train photographers on staff (i see shutter speed problems more than anything.)

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker, I was in-fact referring to the industry in general and not this community alone. That said, let me check out the guidelines. Yes, I agree, I have seen community members pouncing on anything that looks suspicious helping the uninitiated

Shutter speed, may be yes. Also, as I had mentioned, if the lighting is right and bright, half the job is done as far as showcasing the results as they are. More often than not, good lighting exposes bad results. Anyway, thanks Spanker for the response