Exercise after HT

Guest donald

Guest donald

How long do i have to wait after an HT to start doing weights and sit- ups?

Just worried that if i do sit-ups to early that i will stretch the donor area and end up having a wider scar,its 2.5 weeks since i had my HT.

Thanks in advance.

Guest donald

Thanks Dutch,thats what i thought to soon for situps -just wanted to make sure and hear it from someone else,well at least i can go cycling now the warmer weather is here in the uk.

Yeah, I normally exercise 7 days a week. However, after my HT, I waited over a month. It was strange to go so long without going to the gym.

When I did try to go to the gym two weeks post-op, as I was stretching, I was like "Wait a second, this isn't a good idea. I need more time."

I couldn't have gone back to work for at least a week either. My body felt so foreign and the meds had me floored. Not to mention that I still had a lot of pain in my donor area for at least a week, especially when I slept. It's not like the pain was unbearable, just really uncomfortable.

I know that most people, including docs, consider HT to be minimally invasive, but I don't. It really put my body out of whack. I mean sure, it's not open heart surgery or anything... but my body just isn't used to going through anything like that, and all the meds too.

It was the first time that I ever had any type of surgery aside from stiches once or twice.

So I'd say that it's better to play it safe. Good Luck.

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Guest donald

Thanks Corvettester,just had a look at your 6 months progress and your coming along nicely,very nice hairline now you must be very pleased,still lots to come yet.

Best wishes.

No problem pal.

Corvettester cheers for the info. Don't mean to hijack the post, but just to chat to you boys, I'm planning to go to Canada for surgery, but will stay there maybe 10-14 days to chill out, as I dont want to be flying back to the UK soon after the op and feel the strain on the flight.

Paying most of the surgical balance BEFORE you've even left your house is unreasonable IMO. I understand a clinic wants to have the right to earn a fee incase the patient doesn't turn up on the day, but to pay most of it all up front weeks in advance prior to the surgery is a bit of a joke. so you'd be looking at paying maybe 10 or 15k USD up front weeks before the op :(

We specify normal exercise routine at 10 days post op, however, the situps are a no, no for several months. Or any type of exercise or movement that will cause stress on the donor area.

Guest donald

Dutch,Just paid a deposit,then paid the balance on the day of my HT but then every clinic is different.

When is your surgery and how many grafts you planning? good luck.

Dutch,

Really? From what I've seen, most clinics have a 25% deposit policy. I feel like that is reasonable.

Think about it this way: if you don't show, the doc still has to pay the staff and techs...

If you're going to be paying for the surgery anyway, does it really matter if you pay for all of it or part of it a couple weeks before actually having it performed?

Forget about it baby... start thinking about all that pretty hair you're going to have sprouting out of your head!

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

I looked at all the big name surgeons on here and some of them require all the surgical fee up front weeks before the op and some require at least half of the operation fee.

Its scheduled for sept. I'm having at least 4k done as per the recommendation from the surgeons i spoke to.

If the surgeon can extract it, then I'll want to have maximum grafts and go way past 4k. Cheers donald

Janna- cheers for the info once again :)

Corvettester- yes I agree, very nice result so far! I'm happy for you

Edited by Dutch