Hair Grows Vertical

Hi i havent had a HT but am looking to at some point in the near future, now i have a kind of unusual hair as the front of my hair grows straight up and vertical and even if i gel it to go down it wont(its a cows lick i think its called)

Now it grows this way on the whole frontal hairline and an inch or so behind it, if i have a HT into my thinning frontal third will the surgeon have to angle the hairs the same way they grow? And would it look odd?

Does anyone have this kind of hair growth at the front like me or can relate?

Thanks

Hi Ocean,

There are many in your situation with swirls and cowlicks all over their head. Our doctors follow the hair pattern that exists on each patient so the answer to your question is - yes, the surgeon would create same angle incisions as existing hairs. It would look odd if this wasn't done. You'd have hairs growing in all different directions.

Good luck in your research.

Edited by Janna

Hi Ocean,

There are many in your situation with swirls and cowlicks all over their head. Our doctors follow the hair pattern that exists on each patient so the answer to your question is - yes, the surgeon would create same angle incisions as existing hairs. It would look odd if this wasn't done. You'd have hairs growing in all different directions.

Good luck in your research.

Hi janna thanks for the response just mine seems to grow in literally straight up at the front and behind the hair so guess i'll see what a ht doc says with my case but know or heard from forums that it can be a challenge foe ht docs?

Actually making recipient sites that will allow the hair to grow upwards is easier than trying to make the hair grow in a more forward direction. I agree with Janna that in most cases the doctor would recommend staying consistant with the original hair directions.