advice to keep Toppik on for an entire day

I currently use dermatch as a concealer, but I'm about to have a HT within the next week, so I bought some toppik. It looks good when I initially put it on, but it comes off very easily. Is this normal? How can I keep it on for the entire day? Any advice will be appreciated. thanks

Hi there,

I used to wear mine all day, but you do have to be careful not to rub your head on/against anything. The fibre hold spray does a fairly decent job of keeping it in place, but it does nothing to stop heavy rain making you look like Alice Cooper :-/.

If it's any help, I used to find that this technique (perfected over the years!) reduced the amount that would come off easily:

- Make sure you hair and scalp (and face!) are dry

- Sprinkle on the desired amount

- Pat it very gently to help it settle

- Spray the fibre hold spray onto it and let it dry naturally (maybe 10-15 mins)

- With the palms of your hands, lean your head over and gently stroke your head from back to front (single strokes) to loosen and remove any remaining fibres that haven't stuck to the hairs.

Hope this helps!

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Dan72/albums/496

July 2002 HT #1 - Bosley NY - 1800 Grafts

Feb 2011 HT #2 - Feller Medical - 2372 Grafts

July 2012 HT #3 - Feller Medical - 1702 Grafts (no pics as yet)

boy, i have been a concealer user for a decade, and frankly i dun find it coming off easily... unless u go rub it with your hand or other obvious acts! After sprinking on the concealer, its mandatory u use a hair spray. I strongly recommend not to use their spray as the holding power is weak. My personal favourite is Aveda volumizing hair spray. Its by the far the best i have come across. It not just holds the fibres but thickens your hair while holding it together. No issue of toppik coming off until my next wash. For the record, i prefer nanogen far more than toppik :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730