I'm I a good candidate for a HT

This is my first post after being a lurker! So don’t be too harsh. Just wanted some advise do you think looking at the photos below I would be a good candidate for a HT? Because after reading many on line guides and forum pages, I’m a little confused. I would especially be grate to anyone who has the same type of hair and loss who has had a HT .Reasons why I think I my be a good candidate .Thickish donor hair, been thinning out over 10 years,loss mainly to the front.Reasons why I my not be, fine but dense donor hair,straight hair,soft texture in the front,coarser in the donor area,extensive miniaturization in front,fair skin.

PICT0520.jpg.2089fb6335e2114f8882931d0026e235.jpg

PICT0521.jpg.e48e30a4924fd746d184011d7e2fee5a.jpg

PICT0522.jpg.74bfb25150befdbff9cf044b81ad5943.jpg

PICT0523.jpg.1a1106b3176e75d5f212677ff6cf1dc8.jpg

It is really hard to tell without you posting your age. This a large factor. But assuming you are in your upper 20's or older, you seem to be a very good candidate. You look like you will end up a NW5 or so...but that said, you can always transplant with that in mind. While a HT may not give you Justin Beiber hair....I think you could have a really good cosmetic improvement from an HT. I would not consider actually lowering the hairling very much tho, as you will likely need more proceedures down the road and your donor is not infinate.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks for your response spanker. I should add that I'm 35 and first noitice I was thinning about 10 years ago err..I should also add that I took these photos out in bright sun shine and I have a lot of miniaturization in the front that the camera has not pick up. Nw5 :(

Spanker would be basing that Norwood stage on the visible thinning going far back.

I think you'd be a good candidate based on your age, and your skin might be fair but your hair is quite light. You could benefit from a procedure to re-create a hairline and add density to the frontal third. Permanent shockloss could be a risk for the weaker miniaturized hairs.

You didn't mention whether you were taking any hairloss medications.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thanks mattj, I have tried finasteride for 6 months but with no improvements, stopped because I thought I was having negative side effects but could have been a little paranoid! Also have been on minoxidil but it left my hair looking like I washed it with grease and it made look very thin so I stopped using it.I now just use alpecin shampoo.

I have been on fin for 7 months with no improvement but nothing has gotten worse. Personally, If I have your hair, I probably would not get a transplant if I were not on fin, you still have a lot to lose.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Side effects can be a concern in some users, but you don't sound certain that you had them, and 6 months isn't really enough time to judge whether the Fin is working for you or not. The general rule is to give it a year.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Actually if you "were" to end up a NW5, that is actually pretty good. You can just about do anything you want as long as you stay NW5 or below. According to Dr. Rassman, only 23-30% of balding men make it to a 6 or 7.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Thanks for everyones comments, with regards to the fin. I had a hard time trying to get my doctor to proscribe it for me, I don’t think he had even heard of it but this was when it was quite new in the UK. And I think his concern feed in to my psyche so when I had slight concerns his advice was to stop..So RCWest are you saying that a transplant(s) would be possible with good results without the meds, as log as I stay NW5 or below.