FUT: How long before you can...

Thinking about a proceedure this summer.

Well, first, how long before you can wear a regular hat...but I don't mean wear one, I mean wear a reguar fitted one and put it on and take it off and sweat in it....like a boss...etc,

Secondly, if I do get it on the summer, I spend a LOT of times outdoors. I am an avid angler (fisherman) and will spend whole weekends out on the lake when it 97 degrees F....(with a hat or du-rag). What time frame am I looking at before I can subject myself (and my head) to that kind of heat without risking yield?

Thanks.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Don't have your answer but also to add to his question is there a better time to have a ht. I have heard hair grows faster in the summer than the winter, so would it be better to have ht in the winter so that 5 or 6 months later the hair would grow faster since its summer versus having ht in summer and hair coming in slower in the winter. Hope this isn't a dumb question

Spanker,

I think you'll find the 10 day rule applies in this case. Theoretically, you could don and doff a fitted cap without fear at this point as the grafts are fully anchored and protected below the scalp .Also, while you shouldn't expose your scalp to direct, prolonged sunlight, covering it with a hat or du-rag should be just fine.

That begin said, I like to err on the side of caution and chose to wait a full two weeks before wearing a hat. But, the best answer is always, "follow your doctor's advice".

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Yeah, it is not the donning and doffing that worries me quite as muchs as being outside when it is 100 degrees with a hat on. Wondering if 2 weeks will cut it for that? I don't want to sufficate or roast those bad boys.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.