Ok so I am Frustrated with hair loss drugs, and I'm sorry to come off like a jerk

Yomommyz

Ok so like I said, I'm frustrated and am gonna write more in this post of why I am frustrated and how much money I spent for hair loss drugs, reasons for switching from propecia to this new program, and every thing before, how I'm loosing MY hair as we know is different from hoe EVERYONE loses hair. As we all know everyones different. My hormones are much higher than others , and at age 22 when it started losing hair, didnt slow down. My hair then was beautiful. I 'm going to put up pics if this uploading system will allow it mb wise. I started taking minoxidil first then but it was worst thiing ever it made me shed hair. I thought I was prparing for the future if anything a positive result would come out of it, but it was such a pain!!

Twice or once a day applying that stuff!!! Egh , so stoppe, well my hair was thinner at age 23 cuz of it. accepted it for a year, hair looked healthy and great 6 inch long hair on scalp. I then started propecia was on it for 5 months, when I the special COmbo of propecia plus minoxidil ALL OVER MY SCALP twice or once a day, it gave me dermatitis :mad: , so after nizarol and a little black tar, my hair was destroyed. Thats where the depression came on hard. I got through the depression by getting a good job traveling a lot. AND Since I stopped applying the Minox , Hopefully the Hair that lost by me Trying Minox and Giving up!! Will come back!! I mean every hair that sheds when your on Minoxidil is thick beautful hairs :mad: .

After 18 months on propecia I was like this shit aint strong enough to do squat. So I went to hair Pro. He is a smooth talker, but he sells a item that engrossedly is proven to help with your hair loss, I mean I Graduated with Civil Engineering Degree, I'm not a scientist. This mans program is 3,000 a year, is how much I've paid 2300 after 5 months. And My hair on my scalp has always been at least 5 inches, this sucks.

Depression here we come. Ya you' read the stories about how hairloss makes you feel when we got girls like Lady Gaga toda, so many beautiful girls, and here My hair is falling out as we speak, We shed like 50 to 100 hairs a day they say. WEll (sum) of my hair are troopers hangin in there. My next option is a transplant, which I will pay for if it comes to that. However, why am I doing this to myself.

This is the part in the story when I tell you what this hair pro says. and those products he gave me. I'm on (where did my hair go) products now. and on a lazer right now at home, hand held. I ve been going and sitting in a nice respectible loving salon who I'm growing to thank god for. And sitting for thirty minutes under a lazer, like getting a perm. I would post his website but, I want to see if my storie comes out good in the end and not terribly wrong. After 5 months on this program, in which I take minox topical, and pills like vitamins , you can research the program for your self, the hair pro told me fin is just not doing anything, And to get on this immediately. So I Did, I saved up money from that traveling job 5 k,, and I was gonna get a transplant last winter but this guy said, I should do this program for about two years then get a transplant.

So after 5 months of this program batteling the itching and irritation of minoxidil my hair has been shedding like crazy, Its pretty much hell :mad: I wear hat every chance I can, ya you know the stories on the internet, I've been drown to that. I'm doing this to myself. So this is right where I am 5 months later into this program. My hair is not coming back, this lazer therapy aint gonna stop them from falling out. The pills I'm taking is the key. I've been taking these pills and eating the most perfect food you can eat. I dont smoke, I dont hardly drink. My hair was meant to fall out, and I think all the hair that is falling out in the first 6 months of this program Aint coming back. I paid him 2300 so far, to basicaly fuck up my hair. It's all cuz of minoxidl theory, I do dexpanthenol for the scalp to clean it, for the minox with carrier lotion i it, and this lazer combo + pills twice a day, My follicle, ya I can see down it with this micro scope they have at this salon. Every thing sounds good except my hair is still falling out!!

This is the part where you state your thoughts in a nice way, who wouldnt be frustrated after this. My hair pro guy calms me down because he thinks the hair is going to return , but he cant guarantee that now can he.

Sorry so long, thoughts?:confused:

Let's start over in this post, which is written much better as far as its helpfulness to the community. In my opinion, you are being scammed. That seems like a LOT of money to pay for hair potions and medicine.

How old are you?

You should probably consult a recommended surgeon from this forum, or one that is very well respected with a rich history on another forum if you prefer. Many of the doc's from this forum post on others as well. Once you hang out here for a while, you will see some doctors or patient reps that you will draw to. Whether it is their ethics or skill as a surgeon. Get a consult with one of these guys and have an in-person talk, or try an online consult with a rep or doctor that you trust AFTER researching. You really should have stayed on fin for a year before making a decision about it. You can get Proscar with a prescription for $9, 30 pills, cut into fourths. That will end up less than $3 a month for your finasteride.

Your hair in your pics doesn't look that bad and we have need the same loss based on your pics from what I can tell.

I sympathize with your frustration. Research, educate yourself independently about hair loss and you will come out ahead. You should expect a shed when you start medications and should stay on them for AT LEAST a year to see if you are really getting results. Good luck.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

That picture was the one month after I signed up for this program like 4 months ago. All my hair shed and it doesnt look like that anymore. I took propecia for 18 months I said. I said month 5 is when i decided to start the minox combo all over my head, and it gave me dermititis so I stopped you using minox, not propecia. I took propecia for 13 more months before I talked with this hair pro guy, I'm yet to disclose it information.

So what you are saying I paid this man 2300 dollars to ruin my hair, I just cant stop this treatement, and what would happen if I just added that 3$ a month drug you were explaing to my regemin. Please more experts comment, and be nice please.

not much more to be said other than you are being scammed. the laser treatment has never been proven or FDA tested to prevent MPB.

The proven trio is minox, finasteride, and nizoral.

There are some supplements that help in aid of hair growth. These are taken in conjuction to ensure healthy hair.

If you divert from the recommendation above then you have no one else to blame but yourself.

The drug above is finasteride, it is the same thing as propecia but in a 5 mg tablet that you cut into 4ths. Where are you from? You should really consider seeing a doctor in person.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Probably just chalk it up and move on. A lot of people here have been scammed or ALMOST been scammed but saw a red flag. Talk to an actual medical doctor that specializes in hair. If you do anything less than that you are cheating yourself.

Most people have found Bosley less than desireable that are on this site.

Dr. Haber is in Ohio, or look at the other docs that are recommended on this site that might be nearby, just for a consult to start off with.

The good thing about this site is that the doctors work has been vetted and they are the real deal. But even some of these guys are betters than others.

Just picking a random guy is how u get scammed.

View Spanker's Website

I agree with spanker, Go see dr haber, I did a consultation with him, and am currently in the process of scheduling a second consultation to further discuss some of the final details of a hair transplant, He's a straight shooter from all i gathered from my meeting with him, he's gonna tell you what you need to know, not what it takes to sell you something. In fact, judging from your picture, he might tell you that you are not a good candidate for a hair transplant because you are so young and have a seemingly very low degree of hair loss. At least you look young on your picture and i dont seem to see any hair loss, Either way im not a doctor, Ive just come to notice that good doctors on this site seem to avoid doing work on kids who are still losing thier hair and not done, i think as to avoid having you walking around with a mustache on the front of a bald head, and also if your hair loss is predictably going to be worse than a norwood 6 or seven! as there will not be enough donor hair to keep up with it and or finish the job. Either way, go see dr haber, He should be able to diagnose the problem and help you figure out the best course of action.

Good luck

Thanks for the replies.

I am loosing my hair badly. The picture above is me 5 months ago. My hair is a comb over, a very good one. That picture is my hair before I started this program I am now, the one that costs 2300$ so far like Ive been explaining. This minox I have been applying had made my hair shed massive amounts than usual. The hair pro you guys are telling me scammed me, is telling me this hair will come back. what do you think.

also, I asked him, "What if I stop treating my scalp with these products?" He said the hair that I shedded : ( would nevcer come back : ( . I'm so mad at my decision. What should I do? Should I go on proscar and cut the tablets to save cost? Does proscar need a script just like propecia? Should I send this link to my hair pro and have him join in in this forum??? Spankers, You think I should just cut my losses? Shouldn't I tell the world what this mans is doing to people?

IS MY HAIR NEVER GONNA COME BACK?? Why, did I do this to my self.

A few comments...

Stress is a well known cause of hairloss. You can take any dht blockers, and your hair will still fall out if you're overloaded with stress induced hormones. So look up relaxation methods.

Even if it's not been officially studied, I suspect dermatis and anything stressing out our scalp is contributing to hair loss. Minoxidil had the nasty side effect for you because of the propylene glycol in it. Switch to minox with glycerin instead The flaking will disappear at once. If you've been using Nizoral 2%, switch to 1%, and no more often than every 3 days. No matter what, if your hair is dependent on Minox, stopping it will make it fall out.

Also, do some research on the supplements you're taking in. If you're already eating healthy, too much of a good thing can have an adverse effect. Like zinc or Vit A excess can actually cause hairloss. It's not uncommon multi-vitamins cover 100% of daily needs right off.

I won't judge this hair pro guy without having given him a chance to let us know about his program. It would be a great idea to invite him to take part in the discussion. I'm very curious about the products he sells and how they add up to a few $K. After all the money he got from you, he should be willing to plead his case for a few min. If he gives you an excuse not to, draw your own conclusion.

Edited by Kenaz73

• Moderators

I had very aggressive hairloss when I was young. I don't think there is anything available today that would have stopped it. I was able to slow it down somewhat, but not really worth it. Not much difference between being a NW stage 5 by age 21 without taking anything or by age 22 while throwing everything at it.

The only things I would be taking:

-minoxidil 5%

-proscar cut in 1/4s

-nizoral shampoo

I had problems with minox though and I wasn't able to use it. It does cause some problems in some people, so if you are getting very irritated scalp, then don't use it because the inflammation just causes more hairloss.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Although, I'm thank ful for you stepping uo and saying that, at the same time I wanna cry. I experienced an itchy scalp right away. Tried to force taking these drugs because of how much money this program costed. He told me that the dexpanthenal would decrease the amount of irritation because it cleans the scalp. After going through 6 totasl months of applyin it at night, all my hair has shed and I doesnt seem to be growing any hair back. None. I know growing hair is slow, and everything. But holy shit, what did I do to myself. When I weasnt taking this monix my scalp wasnt dried out and irritable. Its tooken me 6 months to finally get the hang of putting this stuff on. I put it on at night, then wash it the next moring or around 4:30 if I can. The irritation will come back after applying it 3 days in a row.

I asked my hair pro, if I should take proscar 1/4 a day, and he said no. I asked hi when I first signed up, and he said propecia has side effects and is just a vascidialtor. He told me that miox was a better solution, and the lazer therapy would accelerate the hair regrowth thicker hair process. He told me that the nutritional supplements I take twice a day for the first 6 months, its says Alternative to propecia on the bottle. Where did my hair go . com, I started using nizoral again, once every 4 days, head and shoulders every other night, since the shampoo and conditioner wont sooth the irritation as well it wouild seeem to me.

My mom knows all about this, and so do my friends and family now. Every one is telling me this hair pro is a scammer. Every one. All's I know is all of this work, and my hair looks like s.h.i.t. The picture above was the start of this program. I told my hair pro that I was gonna email him this, I havent yet.

Comments please?

sincerely yomommyz

Yeah, if you got scammed i would let as many people know as possible, but you already are on here, It seems like all these treatments are falling your hair out faster, Maybe id chill out with them, Dont take my advice for sure, Like i said, im not a doctor, Is your father bald, Or your grand father on your mothers side, I would find out, ask them what age they started losing their hair, and how fast it started happening, This will give you some insight as to what you can expect from a genetic perspective, Also, I would maybe try to get more protien in your diet, maybe some vegetables, Definitely Start taking B complex vitamins, and Exercising, Even if these things dont help your hair, they will help you to be healthy and feel better about yourself, Also, if you spend alot of time combing your hair trying to cover up your baldness, YOu might want to buzz your hair down, I myself had the front of my hairline do that see through bullshit at about age 17, i spent tons of hours brushing my hair, in between every class, and fussing with it till the point of wanting to kill myself. The good news is after i buzzed my head, It kind of hid the diffuse thinning, and the very front part of my hairline that was thin, just receded a little bit, and basically gave me a new hairline just a little farther back, and the rest of my hair seemed to stop thinning for about another ten years. EIther way buzzing your head hides the look of thinning somewhat so i would recommend doing that especially if you seem to be thinning all over. It also seems to make the hair seem thicker. So like i said im not a doctor, but all the advice ive given you isnt medical advice, and it should help in alot of ways other than your hair, Especially the B complex vitamins, They promote a vigorous energized feeling of wanting to exercise too, Great stuff. and if you buzz your hair down, you will definitely not be losing so much hair to the combing and fussing and obsessively trying to get your hair to sit straight.

If your not responding to propecia and rogaine I suggest you try some transdermal pregnenlone. Its known as the happy hormone and can be bought at any pharmacy... If you live in the US, which you do not, so you will have to buy it on Amazon.com....

The reason it is somewhat affect in hairloss because it lowers DHT metabolism and raises cortisol..I've heard of ppl who have tried it said it has worked decently over on Allthingsmale.com (Dr. Crislers Forum Site). Also known as musclechatroom.com. Dr. C is probably a top 5 Anti-aging doctor on planet earth.. He knows his stuff..

The good thing about it is that its pretty safe and fool-proof.. Hence, the reason it is available at any pharmacy in the US... The one side effect of it is it might give you a higher libido lol, which isn't really a side effect at all..

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask... I'm sure none of you even know this existed so I felt I would share it with whoever is interested.. I can link you to some info on it as well..

Youre probably wondering if i've used it myself for hair loss. The answer is no, because I do not care about hair loss anymore.I have used it for other means, and since I dont lose my hair anymore I have no need for it in the regard to hair loss. I actually suffer from side effects of Propecia that never went away after quitting, but that's a sad story for a different day.

Obviously im not trying to sell anything because preg is available anywhere.. Just thought you ppl would be interested in it if you're not having any lucky with the big 3 (really 2)....

I think it would also benefit those who experience sexual sides while taking Propecia as well, because Propecia lowers cortisol production..

Anyways, you can respond on here or PM me..

Youmomyz, didnt mean to hijack your thread, but I felt this info would interest you.

-Brent

How does it work? Is it similar to the natural solutions that everyone seems to be fond of?

Has anyone else tried it?

I explained it very briefly how it works above. I will post a link of the thread where it is explained more on musclechatroom.com below....

Im not sure what natural solutions you are talking about? please explain.....

Has anyone else tried it? I'm sure there are others who use it but not for that benefit, but I even heard someone during an radio interview with Dr. Crisler saying that TD preg has helped slow down his thinning hair...Dr Crisler even said during the interview that hes had other patients that have experienced that benefit as well..

Will this work for sure? I have no clue, but theres no risk in trying, as I said its pretty much harmless as long as youre not applying 200 mg a day or something stupid.....

The link below is one person's view point on the subject, but he makes some very good points and has a very good understanding of hormone metabolism.. He diagrams vividly how pregnenlone works to help fight male pattern baldness. The person is a moderator of Dr. Crisler's site.. If you want a link to the video I can post that as well If i can find it, but I won't look if you are not interested and are not going to watch it...

ANYWAYS, I thought this would help those out who cant take Finasteride due to side effects.. I will repeat and say that I have a hunch that taking preg would even help those who are suffering from side effects of the meds as well..

All Things Male - Baldness and Prostate 101

I also wanted to point out one thing that may be confusing, and that is that the link I listed is his theory about using preg along with thyroid hormones...

I believe the preg ALONE will have some benefit in fighting hair loss.

Nothing personal man, but I'm not seeing any evidence that that would assist in inhibiting DHT. If anything, a google search seems to imply that transdermal pregnenolone causes hair loss. Are you talking about a topical solution or a pill?

Ya I appreciate the comments guys, and ya I dont care if you post new theories for hair loss in my thread.

I'm so fruastrated with hair loss drugs. My hair scalp/hair went into shock after 6 months of using this minox with carrier lotion. My hair pro guy said his products + lazer would bring back years of hairloss, and it has only created wwayyyyy moooooreee and frustration, and depression. People are asking me "what happened to your hair?" I 'm so sad, and dont know whast to do.

I asked him if he thought I should start taking proscar 1/4 tablets like some experienced people on here suggested, however, he said no. I also asked him if I stopped taking the minox would all the hair that shed come back? He said no. SO IM SCREWED , THIS GUYS GOT ME BY THE BALLS, IT WOULD SEEM. No matter what I lose, he got 2300$ of my money, and I cant stop going to him because I want my hair to grow back.

I talked with my mom and aunt who is a lawyer. My mother said that I cant do anything about it. I will not disclose what my aunt said at this time.

LAstly, My mother has been taking minox for over ten years. It has helped her. She said when she uses minox too much her hair will get unbarebly irritated. So what do I do? This hair pro guy has told me to apply this stuff EVERY NIGHT, then after 6 months he finally told me to wash my hair i the morning to reduce irrtation I was like "Wow! could of used this info from the start!!!! I went through crazy amounts of horrible days at school trying not to itch my scalp.

Comments, to help me??

Nothing personal man, but I'm not seeing any evidence that that would assist in inhibiting DHT. If anything, a google search seems to imply that transdermal pregnenolone causes hair loss. Are you talking about a topical solution or a pill?

This could be true if your hormones are already screwed up probably.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Meghan

Hi Brentipold,

I work for CBS2 in Chicago and we would like to speak to you about any problems you've have while taking the drug Propecia. We are working on a story about permanent sexual side effects caused by the drug and a new lawsuit that was filed. If you see this message, can you please call me (Contact information removed by moderator) and ask for Meghan?

Edited by TakingThePlunge