1500 Graft Procedure

Would like everyones opinion on the results I could expect with 1600 grafts. I had 1300 3 or 4 hair grafts and 300 1 or 2 hair grafts. I have attached a picture of me at 4 weeks post op. All of the transplanted hair hasnt shed as of today. All of the grafts were spread out over the top of my head. What kind of coverage should I expect?

5b32ccff53e33_securedownload1.jpg.b880366a2110ac9e74556965f69e83b9.jpg

It's very tough to say. A lot of people will likely tell you that 1600 grafts spread out over a large area will just give you light coverage. But you did have a large number of multi-hair grafts. Are you on meds? Again, it's tough to assess your situation, especially going by that picture because your hair is long and brushed over the thinned areas. Did the doc do any hairline repair? Usually restoring a hairline will take a minimum of 1600 grafts.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Yes finasteride... Been on it for almost 1 month now. Also I havent combed my hair in a while, so its all clumped together making it look like I have a lot less hair. My hairline was restored with 300 1 or 2 hair grafts. I also think I have experienced some shock loss in the 1st month already, I dont think i was this thin before my surgery.

Edited by Frdtrtnv8

300 singles is not a lot to restore a hairline, although it's tough to tell what your hairline looked like. You are showing signs of a high NW pattern, so it's very good that you are on the meds. Regarding your surgery; only time will tell if you are going to be happy with the amount of grafts. The good news is that even if you are unhappy, you can get more done. Keep in mind that hairloss is progressive and you will likely need more surgery in the future, even if you are satisfied with the results from this one. Hope this helps, and good growing to you!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I haven't been on here for a while..and its good to see some familiar faces, but back to your question. Think of it this way...you'll have more than you have now! It's natural to have these questions after your procedure. I know that I worried about mine constantly for the first 3 months after I had my HT. You've taken the plunge and I'm sure it will turn out great, but you will only truly know once it all grows back in, since everybody's hair characteristics are different. In the meantime, try not to think about it! :) Good luck!

- badger

3279 grafts with Dr Gabel - 06/12/08

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Gabel