Nu Hart

Hey everyone I recently moved to Houston texas and looking to get a transplant done. About 3000 grafts. I been going to consultations last quote I got was for 12,000 thats 4 dollars per graft. From one of Houstons top docs Dr. Arocha..Anyone heard or had anything down with Nu Hart ..Any thing less expensive. ..

Ale46,

Beware of price shopping your hair transplant surgeon. Choose your doc based on the quality of his/her work and patient feedback. Cost and proximity should not be deciding factors.

That said, $4 per graft is on the lower end of the spectrum for follicular unit transplantation (FUT).

I recommend that you consult our list of prescreened quality hair restoration physicians for more options. You can even schedule a free online consultation.

Good luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 4 weeks later...

Ale46,

As taking the plunge stated, $4./FU is on the low end of the range, it is a special that Dr. Arocha has been extending to prospective patients who need and could benefit from a larger session for surgeries done in our Houston office. Of course we are able to do any size session you would like, to fit your budget.

All the best,

Craig

I am employed by Dr. Arocha as his lead tech at Arocha Hair Restoration.

Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I do not live or practice in the Houston area but it is a large Metropolitan area similar to south Florida and $4 per grafts is a very fair price for quality work. I am sure that you can find cheaper but be careful. You would not want to be in a situation where you saved a little money but are very displeased with the results.

If you search on this forum for Nu Hart, you'll find a lot of negative posts about them. From what I've heard and read about them it seems best to stay away from them.

Getting a transplant is expensive but remember, it is surgery and the effects are permanent (whether it's a good result, a bad scar, etc). Try finding the best surgeon not the place that gives you the best deal.