How long do I wait to use Dermatch Post-Op?

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how long I have to wait before I can use concealers after I have my procedure done. I'm getting my HT done on the 3-31 and I'm trying to get an idea of what my options are.

As of right now I rely on Dermatch and it does a good job for me, so I was wondering how soon after the op I can start using it again or if I should continue using it at all.

I could use the advice of anyone who has experience with the whole process because as the 31st gets closer I get more exited, but I can't help feeling nervous too. Any advice or words of wisdom will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

boloheadboy,

Before using DermMatch after your hair transplant you may want to read this recent article from our Hair Loss Q&A Blog on the subject:

Possible Complications From Using “Makeup Type” Concealer After a Hair Transplant Procedure

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Taking the pluge, How about Toppik and Nanogen??? When is it safe for me to use them after hair transplant. Thank you.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I personally think that if you wash the Dermatch out every night and don't cake it on you, should be fine. Dr. Hasson's finding in London was one guy, this was not a study that was conducted.

I also asked Dr. Feller about using Dermatch post-op and here was his response:

"2. Dermatch is an irritant that I wouldn't recommend using for at least one month after surgery in the recipient area. Apply it as you wish in the donor area, however. "

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Still nobody answered regarding toppik and nanogen??? Any idea?

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I have used Toppik for some years, and took a month off post-HT. Was told by my clinic not to use any kind of chemical on the hair for a month post-op, and I just counted Toppik in with this, although in reality - as the above posts suggest too - Toppik isn't really as much of a problem as more liquid preparations like Derma-match, which lie on the scalp / clog pores. Toppik does sit on the scalp, but as it consists of little fibres, most of it clings to the hair, and it's too big to get into pores etc.

Have been back on the Toppik for a few days no and no problems at all, although I'm being careful - only putting it on when I'm going out somewhere very public where I know there's be lots of sunlight / bright lighting!