Swirl hairline

Hi there, I recently had a transplant (August), and I am just wondering how come the doctor I went to decided to angle the hair

*down on the left

*right on the front

*back on the right.

So that my hairline in the front swirls from left to right, I have never seen anything like this on anybody else, and I am wondering what the reason a doctor would opt to do this is.

Yav,

Without really reviewing the details of your procedure, it's definitely hard to explain the hair transplant surgeon's motives. However, if I were to take a guess, I'd say that (s)he designed the hairline like this for one of two reasons:

1. To create a natural, organic hairline (with irregularities that are seen in non-balding patients)

2. To add additional density to certain areas of the hairline for a particular hair style (in order to maximize the appearance of density and coverage)

I hope this helps!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Yeah. You guys are right, I have recently been looking at some photos from when I was really young, and in this awkward family photo, my hair is flopping over the side of my face on the right side.

I never paid any attention to my hairline up until my hair was falling out. :confused:

So I am going to post some photos as soon as I can order a battery charger for my camera, which should be in a week or two.

Thanks for the comments, I'd also be curious as to what other people might think, sans photos. Because the idea is interesting.

Also, for the record, I had about 1300 grafts.