Help please, need your views...

kyle8006

I'll chime in with my opinion. Yes, you are going bald. I'm not sure what that left photo is, if it's from the back or front. But that gap in the crown looks significant. In the 2nd photo, the corners of your hairline look a little recessed and fading or see through at the edge.

People might tell you otherwise. But there is one cardinal rule of hair loss imo:

If you think you are going bald, in all likelihood you are.

So, instead of wasting a valuable year or two of people assuaging your fears, since you have detected a problem, feel good about that. And what you do is make an appointment with a hair transplant doctor. Don't think about getting a transplant with him or her at this point, not just because they might be hacks, but because it's too early. But let them inspect your head and give you their opinion and also request propecia or propecia and rogaine and starting using them if they confirm you are losing your hair. I say go to a hair transplant doctor since, IMO, dermatologists who are generalists dont' understand hair loss as well.

I agree with Tom Cruise (I never thought I'd say those words), you have some recession at the temples. I'm not quite as sure that the crown is showing signs of loss though. I see as much skin at the whorl of the crown on people without hairloss.

Your hairline stills looks good though. It's a nice shape, just slightly mature looking. You look young so having a mature hairline might not appeal to you, but the aesthetic result of the recession you've experienced so far is far from bad, IMO.

Propecia/Finasteride would be your best bet for stopping further loss. There's a wealth of info on the hairloss treatments here.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

While your hairline has receeded a tad, you still appear to have very thick hair. I'd start Finasteride immediately along with Minoxidil if you have the time to apply it daily.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

While your hairline has receeded a tad, you still appear to have very thick hair. I'd start Finasteride immediately along with Minoxidil if you have the time to apply it daily.

I agree with RCWest, you seem to still have a thick hair although your receding hairline is becoming prominent you can start early on Minox+Finasteride to prevent further hair loss.

I think all of that is a relative question. And even harder to say with the pics u proviced. "Going Bald", I reserve that for someone who is gonna end up a NW4-5 or above, the rest are just losing some hair. Which most people do. Not all but they say about 40 percent in their 40's show loss. With that said, if you were 18 with that hair line I would say there is a chance you will go bald, if you are 35 I would say that things don't really look that bleak...so with such little info it is hard to tell.

I don't thnk you even showed a pic of the crown, the pic onthe left it is hard to tell. The pic on the right you do appear to have some recession. I would consider getting on finasteride, but the severity of what you will go thru is still to be determined.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.