FUE recovery time

Hi,

I am planning a small amount of FUE ina month or so(approx 1500 hairs). I have a good head of hair and its just to fill in a small amount of recession. My hair is also fairly long on top and should have decent growth at the back by the time of the procedure. I know an area of approx 15cm x 3cm needs to be shaved at the back. My question is will 10 days off work following the procedure be enough time for healing and enough regrowth in the donor area so that it does not look like i have had a procedure. This is the only aspect that im worried about(i had strip before but had over three weeks off work). Also will the donor area be left noticeably much less dense when it grows back. Thanks

Since you have a good head of hair you will probably be able to pull it off in 10 days assuming the Dr doesnt shave much in the recipient area. I had around 1500 fue to the front and was able to get back to work at around day 10. It was close though and I would have taken 14 days if I could do it over again. 10 days was cutting it close as far as the scabs going away.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Getting a shorter hair cut in the donor area at the end of the 10 days post-op may help to make transplanted area less noticeable. If you hair is longer in the donor area, ask if they can do 2x 15cm x 1.5 cm shaved areas. Leaving some hair above , in between , and below shaved area to help camoflauge the FUE donor sites.

• 3 years later...

Hello Dr. Charles,

Hope you are well,

I had FUE done (2750 grafts) to the crown 7 months and 10 days ago and would like confirmation on something, if you can:

Is it true, that when a transplanted follicle produces hair for the first time, it only produces one strand and when that strand falls out one day, the follicle will then start growing between 1 and 4 strands afterwards? If yes, it could actually take quite a while before the resulting density of a job reveals itself, correct?

I seem to have a lot of transparent and thin hairstands on the crown and this makes it somewhat hard to see any early indication of what I might expect as the final result. Is that normal? Considering the length of post-op time that have passed now, I am getting a bit nervous even though I have also heard, that crown jobs a notorious slow growers.

Thank you.