equipment supply question

hello i have a rather odd question... if can anyone answer me.... from where can i buy equipment for HT surgery and when i say equipment I also refer to small fine tweezers, scalpels and those extractors or punches... or other tools that can be handy in HT surgery... are there any online websites that provide this kind of equipment? if yes... which are those? can u give me some links???

sorry for my bad english...

thank you

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Wouldn't you need a license to buy that stuff? Or do you just want to visually see what it all looks like?

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Just curious. Are you looking to perform your own surgery? Or are you thinking about buying some pieces of surgical equiptment for the hair restoration physician to use on you and nobody else. If the latter is the case then you should obviously keep the instruments in case you ever decide to have another procedure. In the UK all instruments have to be disposable. Could make things a bit expensive.

i am not a phisician... but i am considering this kind of carear... i asked about tools and equipment becouse i am interested in prices and if are hard to obtain. i want to have an ideea about this speciality since i am a student at medicine. after i finish i will have to chose what to do further... i also would like to know a thing.. after 6 years of medicine what residency is nessesary for becoming a hair transplant surgeon?? i appologise for my bad english... and bad exprimation:-s

Kingfane,

In my personal opinion, I wouldn't spend too much time dwelling on the costs of performing hair restoration at this point in your career. Overhead is always a concern in a medical practice, but as a student, I'd probably focus more on acing your next Anatomy exam (or your next shelf exam if you're already a MS III - IV :)) and worry about the pricing of tools much further down the road.

At this point in time, you have a long road and many hurdles to clear before actually performing a hair transplant surgery, and if you are interested in researching and determining whether or not you're truly interested in hair restoration, I suggest spending some time on our forums. Review cases, become involved with discussions, read our Hair Loss Q & A blog, listen to physician advice, etc. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

i want to thank you all for the nice thoughts and advices i appreciate them. but still i want to know if there are companies or websites from where i can buy equipment and i will realy appreciate if can anybody help me with this problem,... please poste some links of websites or tell me where i can find this kind of stuff.... where do you buy this things? please help me.

i hope i don't bother you with this kind of question,,,