Is it harmful or reckless to be too conservative and have low expectations?

Hope everybody had a great weekend!!! I've been roaming this site for a few days now and I'm relieved to know where I can find friendly and professional advice.

:cool:

Being 23, I understand the risks of having a hair transplant at my age. I'm far from depressed about losing my hair, but I am determined to get my hair back at my own personal satisfied level. It's almost like bargaining. I can accept having lower than average looking hair but I don't want to be that obvious "balding kid" anymore. I'm committed to taking fin, then eventually minoxidil, and future transplant procedures. Would a surgeon be supportive of my assessment? Am I being too lackadaisical? I don't mean for my attitude to make me sound under-knowledged to where I can get taken advantage of. I'm just continually witnessing all these young dudes getting snubbed for their near unrealistic expectancies.

Are you taking fin? I would say that you have a good attitude but make sure you pic a top notch surgeon. Being conservative is ok, but I think doc choice is the most important thing.

If you are conservative and do not expect an adolescent head of hair and pic a good doc you should be good to go.....but you are quite young and I have not seen any pics...most docs do not like to operate til about 25...at even that is young.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

It would be more harmful to be conservative and have high expectations which couldn't be met. If you walk into a consultation with realistic goals then that will count for a lot with the surgeon, and you'll also have a higher chance of satisfaction with the result if you went ahead with the transplant.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I dont think you are being conservative with this approach. You are certainly being proactive about your situation.

Like Matt said, realistic goals are a good idea.

If you are able to put up pics of you problem areas, the people on this site are a great resource as to what to expect.

Here to help.