Suggestions, please..

Greetings & Regards ! Kindly suggest for the following:

a) I'm an Asian male currently N V ii , I assume. My hairloss started around 2003 but has, more or less, stabilized for the past one year.

b) I've never been on any kind of medication.

c) I've made up my mind to overcome this concerning hairloss, by undergoing HT, though it's not easy for me to afford for it.

d) I'm totally not a game for the available medications, as these need to be carried on for the whole life-time, and 've side effects.

e) After consulting a couple of surgeons, I've come to know that my hair is of reasonably good quality, bit curly & with an average density of 100/sq cm.

f) I've come across two options:

i. an FUT of 5000 @ 50/sq cm in 2 sessions of successive days; but in a far city, or

ii. an FUE of 4000 @ 40/sq cm in 1 mega session , near my city, at not very significant difference of cost.

f) Since I might not be able to afford any 2nd future HT, I want & expect a reasonably good result.

g) After searching for a way out for my hairloss, I've come across this wonderful site, and request for guidance at the earliest. I shall be immensely thankful for suggestions.

I dont know that I have ever heard of a 1 session 4000 graft FUE. That is about twice of what I have ever head of. Most docs wont do more then about 1100 or so in one day using FUE.

FUT historically is going to give you have better yield if using a skilled doctor. You should make sure that you are using a reputable docc with very good results and that that you have corresponded or even met his patients. You will probably get better yield with strip, but if you are not using a good doc it does't matter what method you use. Also, if you refuse to use medication, you should plan on losing the rest of your Native hair if you are already a NW5II

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Apologies but I can't confidently decipher what Norwood level you said you were. With the graft quotes I'm guessing 5.

Perhaps the surgeon has a good reason, (I can't think of any) but it's odd that the FUT would be split into two sessions. Surgeons can often get those numbers, or significantly more, in just one.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thanks MATTJ !

Very soon I shall post pics for the analysis by community friends.

Top view

For Your Eyes Only

Back view

Back top

Front view

5b32cc1ee2774_Topview.jpg.5e415d2565c6acaa04e0670aeea3679f.jpg

5b32cc1f01f02_Back2.jpg.8b1ac4711ba27f41aa97065aef17b11b.jpg

5b32cc1f20f61_Backtop1.jpg.e953b0bd3ebcee95f3c11dfc711f84a1.jpg

Edited by Bill - Managing Publisher
All pictures could have been added in a single post

Friends, thanks for sparing time. Having seen the posted pics, kindly suggest:

a) NW class ?

b) best way to proceed; FUE or FUT , as asked in the earlier post ?

c) which one should be the first ? My opinion is that now an FUE can still leave enough for any future possibility of an FUT, and that too, without any scar.

d) with the rest of density @100, will top with @40 look natural ?

Waiting for replies..

Thanks again !

its hard to see your donor area for FUT. You may be a good candidate for this if you have a good donor area.

Have you been taking any medications before? You said that you were not into them. Have you had a bad experience before?

If you are looking to do this right, I would recommend a FUT

Dear friends,

Grateful to all of you, gentlemen !

Do I need any other word to decide the path, after your valuable and precise observation ?

God bless you, friends !

Hope you'll be available, and willing, for other similar enlightening inputs.. !

Regards..

Hi friends ! Thanks again.

As you've provided support & encouraged to explore, kindly help clear some doubts, before I TAKE THE PLUNGE ;-)

a) is the life span of an FUE planted graft shorter than that of an FUT planted one ?

b) though a silly thing to ask, but curious how is the number of the planted grafts counted ?

c) as per experts' view here, in FUE the max loss of density is around 25 %. Then, even after a mega FUE, won't a future FUT still provide more than half the original density, to meet a complementery requirement ? ( I hope the members can make out what I intend to ask. ) The point is, a big scar can be prevented initially.

c) what is the max number of grafts that a 12 hr FUE session can possibly achieve ?

Waiting..