Need serious help . based in london

HI everybody!

I am just 2 days old on this site :) . i am 31 n hve thinning hair n the hair loss expedited in the last 2 yrs upto the point where my thinning bald spots r visible when in bright light.

I had a full n healthy head of hair some 2 yrs ago when i moved to u.k (job transfer) and i never suspected it would happen to me and that too so quick. my dad is 65 and he still has full head of hair so no direct hereditary balding stuff . my maternal uncles r a bit blad though. nonetheless i am balding and it is emotionally draining me specially coz i have to go bak to my country pakistan in a few months and i can't imagine the reaction ppl will have when they see me almost bald. (i'm being a bit shallow here but can't help it trust me :))

I need serious help here guys.

I would be going to pakistan in around may june would stay there for some 2 months n then would have to move to newzealand so all i need is a solution for my hair for 2 months . I can think of other solutions once i am over with this.

So can anyone suggest me some real good hair system in london or u.k (any good experience) (right now finances ain't a prob only thing i'm lookin for is result. i'd be willing 2 spend any amount)

plus i hve the following questions if u can please help me clarify my confusions

1. do i have to take off my hair every nite ?

2. if a system is taken off e.g every 2 weeks , is the glue or tape that strong to keep holding the skin for so long??

3. what if a child or partner mildly pulls my hair? any chance of the hair system coming into their hand?

4. wht happens with extreme sweating? coz summers in pakistan and dubai where i'll be goin r pitch hot. means lots n lots of sweating.. can a hair system survive it?

5. can i do hair transplant and wear a hair system on top until the transplant starts to show results ? is it practical n possible?

6. i read it on a few sites tht u can even swim with a hair system? must be marketing slogans i thought! any thoughts frm u guys?

Hope to hear frm u and ur suggestions and guidance would mean a lot n

be much appreciated.

many thnx

Regards

p.s i ws a chronic excercise freak , weight training n running miles etc b4 moving to u.k but in da last 2 yrs i ave almost been inactive and spend a sedentary life style coz of my job n stuff. a frnd of mine ws telling me that coz of my leaving excercise there aint much oxygen going to my head n hair hence the hair lost . sounded silly n funny to me but any thoughts?

Edited by crossbow

Hi there! ok cut to the chase, below are my humble opinions!

1) No, u can actually leave it as long as a week but depending on weather and various reasons but i have heard that pple in cold climates can leave it on for a week or even more

2) Good question. In my case, no matter how, i just felt that tape looks a bit unnatural. I would suggest keeping to glue. It feels sticky but i still thought it holds the best...

3) Beware of children! If they pull hard, chances are the glue will un-stick a bit and assuming u are stuck at a party or what, it might cause u to feel uneasy though i dun think anyone would ve noticed any difference!

4) I stay in tropical climate also and to be honest, that was the sole reason why i ditched it. It was unbearable with the glue and stuff and i have to wash everyday. I finally chunked it after 2 weeks and it nvr felt so good. I felt unshackled. Maybe its just me, dun let me put u off. At least give it a go and if u end up not liking it, its at most some financial loss and totally reversible... provided u are not shaving the frontal and crown cos most full systems require u to do that.

5) Tough luck. After my transplant, i was thinking about it but somehow the info i consolidated tells me that the result of the HT might not turn out to be as good. I did not really go into detail as i was just considering.

6) Again, i cant say for everyone but it din work for me. My undercover was blown once i got into the water. Maybe i din wear it properly as i only tried for a very short period of time!

hope the above helps!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

to wb280!

thnx for ur reply . ws helpful

can the same system be taken off every 2 days at nite n worn the next day? how does the glue works? if the answer is yes (and as i ave read at a few places it aint the time consuming to wear) wht is the problem? wts the catch?

and if one washes the system with shampoo like normal hair every 2 to 3 days does that wears out the hair in the system ?

Hi,

You mention that your thinning hair in sunlight is visible. Have you considered using Dermatch or Toppik which are hair thickening products? It just needs to be applied daily and I'm sure it would work out cheaper than a hair system.

To be honest your family should be supportive of your system.

Regards

Rod

to rodg

many thnx for ur input.

i use toppik n fulmore and they work for me to a great extent but i'm always conscious of the fact tht when someone is way too close or in the open sunlight black spray spots on my scalp wud be visible. i hvnt dermatch yet n will order it today as i heard some good reviews abt it on this forum.

and to be honest i am not realy into the finances of things i have a well paid job earning way more than wt i need so can spend any decent amount on a good hair system . cheap or bargain price is not my priority or issue at this point of time.

family shud be supportive as u said and all families are n its not like they wud go against me seeing me getting bald. its abt my own self-consciousness abt the way i wud look n only tht i feel i shud atleast look the same as when i left them.

@ moses

this is me but not that ripped any longer but still quite fit and tonned .this is a 2 n half yrs old pic . my prob is shape of my head it aint the kind where i can shave off my head n it wud look fine. it is quite flat from the back .

i never met anyone who got results like that without either being a fitness professional (means you'd have a diff job) or taking performance-enhancing drugs. I used to be very much into fitness and the best I could do was good but not that good because it wasn't my job and I wasn't taking anything. It can be achieved naturally, but, like I said, ppl rarely do it naturally.

Here are things that will contribute to you hair loss:

-creatine

-prohormones

-testosterone boosters

-ant-estrogens

-fat burning stimulants

Indeed, even working out hardcore raises your testosterone somewhat. I'm not accusing you of anything, but I think you should know that almost anything you take will toast your hair. Stop taking it and get on finasteride and you might be able to recover a lot of the hair.

I'm not really sure about HGH. That might not have an effect. It's being debated.

Anyway, I know the feeling, man. We all do. I wish you the best of luck, brother.

Taken

“You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not...”

- John Lennon

@takenforgranted.

thnx mate for ur input

well my body has always been natural with cuts on my muscles and i have always been working out since my teenage. its the last two years i hardly do weight training n just run 2 or 3 times a week. laziness has finally taken me over :) i did use a kind of steriod in tablet form for 3 or 4 months some 5 years ago.

i have taken creatine on and offf and there r conflicting views abt if it has some effect on hair as per my research on internet. but yeah who knws if it realy does.

can u suggest me some online place where i can buy finasteride ?

r u based in u.k?

I wouldn't bother with the hassle of a system mate, I'd study and save to find a North American based doctor and go from there.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

@takenforgranted.

thnx mate for ur input

well my body has always been natural with cuts on my muscles and i have always been working out since my teenage. its the last two years i hardly do weight training n just run 2 or 3 times a week. laziness has finally taken me over :) i did use a kind of steriod in tablet form for 3 or 4 months some 5 years ago.

i have taken creatine on and offf and there r conflicting views abt if it has some effect on hair as per my research on internet. but yeah who knws if it realy does.

can u suggest me some online place where i can buy finasteride ?

r u based in u.k?

sorry broski, I'm in California. Dude, you're one lucky man if you can maintain that body weight and those abs at the same time w/o drugs. Usually it's one or the other, but there are those guys out there with good genetics. Maybe give me some pointers on diet?

as for buying fin online, it's a gamble. Don't buy from topills.com is all I can tell you. I do know some good companies in the US that you can get great quality liquid solutions for any pharm you would ever need that doesn't have to be injected. Too bad they rarely even ship to Canada.

my advice is, if you can't find a source, go to this forum:

ANABOLIC STEROIDS - QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

set up an account, build a rep, and PM some vets for a source. As long as they trust you, they will prob find you a UK source. In fact, my rep is pretty good, so I might be able to check for you. PM me about it if you want to go that route.

Taken

ps. don't let the name of the forum provoke judgements. Any info you need about managing your hormones is on that board. It's an invaluable resource.

Edited by Taken4Granted

“You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not...”

- John Lennon

• 3 weeks later...

as for buying fin online, it's a gamble. Don't buy from topills.com is all I can tell you. I do know some good companies in the US that you can get great quality liquid solutions for any pharm you would ever need that doesn't have to be injected. Too bad they rarely even ship to Canada.

my advice is, if you can't find a source, go to this forum:

ANABOLIC STEROIDS - QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

set up an account, build a rep, and PM some vets for a source. As long as they trust you, they will prob find you a UK source. In fact, my rep is pretty good, so I might be able to check for you. PM me about it if you want to go that route.

Taken

thnx buddy for ur input.. i dint get if u were refering here abt fin the med for hair or anabolic steroid.. coz takiing steroids wud be the last thing on my mind .

abt diet as far as i see it . i got all ripped in 3 to 4 months when i first applied that formula n i think anyone can do it .. lean chicken breasts, lean tuna ( u get tins and packed cooked chic breasts frm super store . so no cooking fuss) , salsa , salad eating tons of it .. tomatoes, onion, carrot, lettuce, nuts, etc a mixture of all.

plenty of water . green tea. meals once every 4 hours..

no cakes, no sugar. only 2 to 3 slice of bread in a day ..

its hard to stick to this diet. but it pays. u get da kind of physique u dream or see ppl with, in magazines.

i no longer am on that diet i am lazy ass now but may start again . but i have been on this diet n xcercise for almost 5 yrs n after initial few months , the diet tasted great to me. i wud get great pleasure in eating my mixed salad n lean meat. etc .. so it is just a life style n definitely more fullfilling than living on fast food.(IMO)

I went to a local clinic yesdy to discuss any hairsystem.. the pics on their website looked great. the guy who runs the salon ws himself wearing one n he looked natural on camera.

but

when i saw him in real n get a little closer it looked all fake. the hair line ws no way close to being a natural

now i am wondering if there is any such thing as undetectable hair system or is it all marketing gimmicks n looking real on camera.??

can anyone recommend me some good places in london?