Increase in body hair, decrease in headhair?

Levrais

Hi All,

Lately Ive noticed an increase in body hair and am wondering if there is a connection with loss of headhair. Im 45 and have typically not had much body hair. For the past year or so I have noticed an increase just about everywhere, hands, arms, chest, ect. I was using propecia until about 3 years ago but aside form that, no big changes in diet or meds etc. Any thoughts on how this plays into the whole dht and hormone issues?

Levrais

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

This surely relates to DHT.

I am just trying to figure out this situation. Perhaps you can help me clarify a couple of things?

You had modest body hair growth when you were taking propecia, but when you stopped 3 years later you are seeing hair everywhere?

The timing of this is actually kinda critical. Let us know. We can help.

I also think they are related. I naturally have A LOT of body hair. I have been taking finasteride for about a year now. I have to say that the hair on my head has improved drastically, but my body hair grows a lot more slowly after I trim it these days. Of course, I am happy about this! :D

Tony,

Not realy a concern but more just an observation. As I look back, I did sart to notice an increase in body hair around the time I stopped propecia but didnt make the connection. Around 3 years later, notice more scalp hair loss and an increase on body hair. Mostly in places I already had hair but more now. As others have said, there must be a connection.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Guest essentialoilsexporters

Increasing in body hair is due to the hormones or genes also but decrease in head hair may be the problem of DHT.