Propecia and Hair Loss

BrainFried

Have any of you noticed more hair loss when starting propecia. And is there a point where it will stop? I've been on it for almost three months and i feel like I'm loosing hair near my crown which wasn't happening when i started.

Edited by BrainFried

Ready for the Road Ahead

HT Website

3092 FUT's

1 Hair - 688

2 Hair - 1812

3 hair - 692

It is common to see increased shedding between 3-4 months after using propecia. This will stop soon, and by 6 months you should be seeing an improvement in stabilization. The hair that has shed, will come back and you should see a nice change between 9-12 months.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

okay. good to know. but is it normal to see 30 or so hairs each time you shower in you hands? and also is this why i'm also noticing that the hairs that are in my hands are thicker going toward the tips then at the base? i've notice the base of the hairs seem really think and weak.

Ready for the Road Ahead

HT Website

3092 FUT's

1 Hair - 688

2 Hair - 1812

3 hair - 692

Great thread!

Is there a reason why we end up still losing our hair up to 6 months when taking Propecia?

Just curious on why this happens. Thanks!

For some people it just takes a while for the follicles to get healthy again after being attacked by DHT for so long. There is really no logical reason why Propecia would MAKE your hair fall out. It should only do good for it.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Guest essentialoilsexporters

Propecia helps in growing of invisible hair. when you take the propecia,you may see a decrease in hair loss beginning in as little as 3 months. and by 6 to 12 months, you may see an increase in hair growth. If you stop taking propecia, you will likely lose any hair you have gained in 12 months of stopping treatment.