Hair loss surgery - shaving head?

When you go for hair replacement surgery (for the crown) will the surgeon shave all my hair.

I would like to do this so people dont even notice Ive had anything done.

Anyone whos been through it and can help would be apreciated.

Thanks

Some surgeons ask that you shave the recipient area when doing the procedure, but many surgeons also do not, you have to ask when you see them for a consultation. The procedure will be noticable for about 1 week as you will have scabs and redness.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Gstar,

Its possible to go back to work in 2 weeks wihtout anyone noticing depending on the size of your procedure and if you have some native hair near the recipient area to cover things up a bit. By 2 weeks the scabs should be gone but the skin may be pink.

Levrais

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

does shaving/ not shaving the recipent area actually affects shock loss or the results of the HT?

i m rather concerned abt the ugly duckling phase during HT, but i will rather compromise on this ugly duckling period to achieve a good results.

Shaving does allow the doctor to see better as no other hair is in the way, but again it's not necessary some surgeon just prefer to do it that way. Shaving does not affect shock loss, only the transplanting process.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Like i mentioned many times, shaving does allow the doc to see more clearly and the techs as well. Remember, techs are humans and after day and night of implanting, its really tough not to make errors. For me, as long as the doc requires it, i aint gonna say no :) Its about what u need to do, not what u want to do. However, i understand that some docs do not deem it necessary. I just do not want to risk anything as long as its within my control.

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730