Dr. Pong Chaing Mai Thailand

jimmybald

Check my past posts. I have been told by a coalition doctor that my work is about as good as it gets for what I had done. You can't go wrong with Dr. Pong. That sounded like a jingle.

The problem with Dr. Pong is that he doesn't accept all patients. He prefers virgin patients most of the time. My workmate is a repair patient who had a bad 2400 grafts hairline job in Dubai was rejected although he was accepted by many clinics. I sent him finally to Dr. Radha and she accepted him directly. It seems Dr. Pong is a good doctor but not good in handling challenges like recommended doctors here. Also he only practices FUT (Strip). I tried to search him in the net and unfortunately he is not recommended in any networks or any forums but the great thing about him that his after photos is very good and very clear that he has a section in his thai hair clinic website called (Illusions vs real objects) discussing lightining techniques used in many top clinics in the world. He is using the "open technique" just like Dr. Path " which is using a single-bladed knife along with a pair of skin hooks inserted into the small stab wound and pulled in the opposite directions while cutting perpendicular to the line of tension between the hair follicles. This enables individual hair follicles to be directly visualized and protected from transection during the harvesting process. This technique is extremely efficient since it allows the surgeon to visualizethe hair follicles before cutting, without needing to constantly guess the correct angle, while it requires more time and more experience, it provides an invaluable benefit to you. Higher and healthier grafts are obtained as a result." Addition to that they use "Fascial and Trichophytic Closure Techniques" to minimize donor area scarring. He charges $2 per graft up to 2500 grafts then every 100 grafts the rate goes $0.4 lower onward. Good luck :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

"HE" doesn't actually do the implants, he has 2 very experienced girls who take a side each, Dr pong is there for medical reasons,supervision etc...see photo's page 6.

Hi Folks,

I had a 2500 grafts done by Dr Devroye (Belgium) three years back, and to save some $ I am now thinking of going for a second transplant somewhere else. I was looking into Dr. Path in Thailand but the cost was just to steep for me. I am now pretty set on Dr. Pong and are just about to do an appointment with him. I have read only good things so far about Dr. Pong (but did not do to much research to be honest). I know he is not recommend which is making me a little nervous. Would anyone have any concerns going to Dr Pong?

Jansberg, if you want to save money, its better you go to Dr. Radha Palakurthi in India, she charges only $1 per graft, half price of Dr. Pong even. She was trained by Dr .Path and has a lot of satisfied patients in the forum. Check her out Dr. Radha Palakurthi Hair Transplant Surgeon in Andhra Pradesh, India ...

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hariri, Dr Radha is indeed more affordable than Mr. Pong. But besides this, it seems Dr Radha has a longer track record of satisfied patients, plus she is recommended here. I therefore will go with Dr Radha I think. Thanks!

Hi Jansberg,

I had my HT with Doctor Radha 29/1/2012. I'm currently 3 months post op and if you want to wait another 3 months I can give you some feedback then. My first hair transplant was with DHT Clinic (Dr Path's clinic) but Doctor Kulukarn did my first HT and it was quite successful considering my level of hairloss.

I went with Dr Radha because it was a bit pricey with DHT Clinic and I was confident I'd get a good result with her. If your not in a rush to have a HT there are a number of patients who have recently had a procedure with her and I'm sure they will post their results as well. I can say she's a very honest and dedicated surgeon.

Cheers Rod

• 5 months later...

Heyy RodG,

Waiting for you views...

Its been more that 10 months , you would have got the results :)

Thanks,

Santhosh

Hi Jansberg,

I had my HT with Doctor Radha 29/1/2012. I'm currently 3 months post op and if you want to wait another 3 months I can give you some feedback then. My first hair transplant was with DHT Clinic (Dr Path's clinic) but Doctor Kulukarn did my first HT and it was quite successful considering my level of hairloss.

I went with Dr Radha because it was a bit pricey with DHT Clinic and I was confident I'd get a good result with her. If your not in a rush to have a HT there are a number of patients who have recently had a procedure with her and I'm sure they will post their results as well. I can say she's a very honest and dedicated surgeon.

Cheers Rod

• 3 weeks later...

I'm intensively researching HT for a possible HT in Nov/Dec 2012. Interestingly, Dr. Pong said that I am NOT a candidate for his clinic as I have only been on Finasteride for apx10 months. He wants me to wait another year and then get back in touch with him.

Dr. Path and Dr. Radha have both said that I am a candidate for HT at their clinics NOW with a requirement of apx 3,000 grafts.

I'm leaning towards Dr. Radha because of her high degree of involvement with each patient as well as the significant reduction in cost (I'm still a Uni student!)

I'm not sure why Dr Pong wanted me to wait when other experienced Dr's were keen to operate now. Maybe it's because he's busy and has enough on his plate, or maybe he has an element of selection bias in his results?

fualopecia,

I'm not sure either. Normally, doctors recommend one year on Propecia prior to surgery if the patient needs a boost in density.

Whatever the reason, rest assured that both Dr. Radha and Dr. Pathomvanich are highly skilled, ethical and experienced hair restoration physicians and you can trust their judgement.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 3 months later...
Yes,it is.Most of us including myself want to find a cheaper alternative to save somer cash but problem is 99% of the time we get hacked by unknown surgeons and it ends up costing more to repair the damge caused.

if your wanting to do it in Thailand then i dont know why you just dont go to Dr.PATH,hes one of the best surgeons worldwide and his prices are reasonable for a coalition surgeon and golden follicle award 2010 winner.

most other thai surgeons have worked under him or watched him but Dr.Path has 20 years more experience than them and NOT A BAD WORD said about him only praise,what does that tell you.

i dont work for him and my views are my own ok,but i did have 1 successfull ops with him past 2 years,GOOD LUCK

I am considering Dr. Path in Thailand too, im living in China, can you let me know you had FUE or FUT with him, I know he does great FUT, but i cannot find anyone who had FUE experience with him, is he also that good?

Jimmy,

If you're looking to stay in Thailand for your procedure, I highly recommend Dr. Pathomvanich. He's extremely respected within our community, and was recently inducted into the elite Independent Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. Please, feel free to ask any additional questions. Good luck!

Hi Future_HT_Doc

I am in contact with Dr. Path in thailand, I prob need 1000 grafts to fix my hairline, im 31, and just like my father i have a receding hareline, no loss on the top, and thus I will perfer FUE, would you still recommend Dr. Path for FUE? I know he is really good at FUTs.

this is a old post, i hope you can still get back to me, thanks

Edited by lobacn

I'm intensively researching HT for a possible HT in Nov/Dec 2012. Interestingly, Dr. Pong said that I am NOT a candidate for his clinic as I have only been on Finasteride for apx10 months. He wants me to wait another year and then get back in touch with him.

Dr. Path and Dr. Radha have both said that I am a candidate for HT at their clinics NOW with a requirement of apx 3,000 grafts.

I'm leaning towards Dr. Radha because of her high degree of involvement with each patient as well as the significant reduction in cost (I'm still a Uni student!)

I'm not sure why Dr Pong wanted me to wait when other experienced Dr's were keen to operate now. Maybe it's because he's busy and has enough on his plate, or maybe he has an element of selection bias in his results?

This is strange. I had never taken any Propecia when I had my first HT with him a year ago. The only time he asked me to wait was when I wanted to book my 2nd HT just after 6 months.

• 1 month later...

Sure, I just had my 2nd HT on crown area with Dr Pong. I've full confidence with him. Unlike most sg surgeons, he does only hair and nothing else. Imagine if you just want to eat bak chop mee, would you buy from a stall that sells only bak chop mee or a stall that sells everything? What do you need to know?

haha. that's a good analogy man. yeah. he told me he only does hair transplants. based on reviews, i've decided to go to his clinic instead of the ones in singapore. here, all the surgeons all kua lui, everything also do

i was wondering about the results. like your donor area and stuff, is it visible? i saw pics of people who had botched attempts by other hair surgeons. like the scar damn thick and visible. you got any pictures? thanks for your reply man!

You can see from my small avatar. Before it was half bald in front, now can cover full in hair. not like ang mo, im too paiseh to share. but you can see many many real examples on dr pong website and i can tell u that they are for real.

p/s u have to take Propecia for life after ur HT.

• 4 months later...
Hi i would like to check with you , how much did u spent for your hair transplant (if Any)

My front also half bald. hairline receding.

My first HT last year on my front was about 2680 grafts. Can't remember exact how much. It was slightly under US$2 per graft under the old rate. This year, I had 1600+ on my crown area. US$2 per graft under the new rate.

• 2 years later...