Pimples like swelling after 1month HT

Hello,

I am about 1 month post HT. I notice in recepient area there is bit of swelling like little pimples and one of them went white like pus?? Is this normal or am i having an infection? About 1 week ago after shower i noticed bit of blood from that area perhaps it was one few pimples oozing?

I feel bit of tingling or like sharp pain and also pain on touching the area and

still feels numb.

Is this all normal?

Bhim,

I too experienced pimples and bumps over the first few months post op, which are apparently natural to the regrowth process. To ease your concerns, would suggest you check with your hair transplant doctor, especially if you are experiencing bleeding.

Good luck.

Bill

Pimples are a normal part of a transplant. Use a warm compress on them.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Bhim,

It is very common to have an occasional pimple in the recipient area a few weeks after surgery. Pimples may appear as the hairs begin to sprout and grow through the skin and are usually nothing to worry about.

Some of them may be white on top. They can be a bit unsightly and some patients find them very irritating. We recommend leaving them alone and they usually go away after a few days. Some clinics suggest warm compresses and trying to gently expel the fluid from within.

If you are experiencing more than a few at a time you should contact your HT surgeon, as there are treatments available.

Can you take photos of the area that you are describing and post them? There are some excellent physicians on here that would be able to assist you better if they could see exactly what you are describing.

Louise

Lead Hair Transplant Technician for Dr. Cam Simmons at the Seager Medical Group

Dr. Cam Simmons is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Yes, pimples are certainly normal.

Do you think the new DHT is the reason for the pimples? Since new "testosterone" is being placed in the scalp at a new place I would think that this wold have something to do with it, right?