Overseas UK Patients - How much detail can I get from a electronic consultation?

Hi,

Im considering a HT overseas (to disguise previous HT work). Am planning look at as many of the top surgeons as I can. In the past (when I was younger and more naive) Ive found that HT clinics are very brief - a quick description of when and where and how much, and then BANG - book you in. If I was spending 6k on a car, I would want the test drive it 3 times, and some serious attention from the salesman! anyway...

Ive done a web based consultation with Hassan and Wong - and they came back with a good email, and recommendation. However, I needed some more info: like exactly what scar reduction would be done, what would be the transplating line, would Dr Wong be transplanting into the peak, of just the temples - pretty important questions. However - I emailed these through twice, and no answer. Ideally I would want a photo of my head, with a transplanting line drawn on the top.

Do they just want me to book, and then it is decided on the day ? Is it not worth their while spending too much time on a patient that may never book? I would be prepared to make the trip to Vancouver if I felt it was right - but not if my communication is ignored.

I know in the UK we have Spex, who will be able to give lots of details with regard to Dr Feller, and I will plan to hopefully meet with him.

I know its a good idea to get as much info as possible from as many surgeons as possible. Just wanted an idea of how much detailed info I can get, in my position?

Many thanks.

Hi,

Im considering a HT overseas (to disguise previous HT work). Am planning look at as many of the top surgeons as I can. In the past (when I was younger and more naive) Ive found that HT clinics are very brief - a quick description of when and where and how much, and then BANG - book you in. If I was spending 6k on a car, I would want the test drive it 3 times, and some serious attention from the salesman! anyway...

Ive done a web based consultation with Hassan and Wong - and they came back with a good email, and recommendation. However, I needed some more info: like exactly what scar reduction would be done, what would be the transplating line, would Dr Wong be transplanting into the peak, of just the temples - pretty important questions. However - I emailed these through twice, and no answer. Ideally I would want a photo of my head, with a transplanting line drawn on the top.

Do they just want me to book, and then it is decided on the day ? Is it not worth their while spending too much time on a patient that may never book? I would be prepared to make the trip to Vancouver if I felt it was right - but not if my communication is ignored.

I know in the UK we have Spex, who will be able to give lots of details with regard to Dr Feller, and I will plan to hopefully meet with him.

I know its a good idea to get as much info as possible from as many surgeons as possible. Just wanted an idea of how much detailed info I can get, in my position?

Many thanks.

The actual online consultation forms are just for an estimated number of grafts required. After you've done this you can discuss your case in more detail and send more pics if required.

But remember, there is only so much the Doc can do with looking at pictures.

Hi Pianoman, What we do is get some very clear pics, your age, family history, whether your on meds, and then a description of what your looking for.

Dr. Shapiro has a look at the photos along with Matt and they come up with a plan they feel best meets your goals.

At that point, we generally draw very clearly what areas we will be transplanted (to be finalized the day before or morning of surgery) and we email that back--- I generally spend time on the phone with patients (30min-1hr) and Matt does a very in-depth consultation with every patient--even if they have spent time on the phone with me.

Basically speaking, unless your a prior work is terrible and there is some oddity about your request, we can 90-95% firm up the approach via electronic and phone communication.

We spend some time addressing and approaching patient consults via email.

Send your pics to me at jason@shapiromedical.com ---no strings, no pressure--- we'll give you an idea of what your looking at.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Pianoman,

Not sure why you have not had a response. I've drawn in more hairlines for the docs than I care to count so we will definitely do that for you if you wish. Do me a favor and PM me here with your full name and email address then I'll check our spam filters to see if you have been flagged for some reason. Regardless I'll get your info back to you. I do apologize for this.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

pianoman,

To do a free virtual consult with one of our physicians, click here.

Keep in mind that before you book surgery, you should learn as much as you can about hair transplant surgery and have all your questions and concerns addressed by all physicians you are considering. Most reputable clinics will take the time to answer your questions without hesitation and not simply try to book surgery. After all, leading surgeons want you to have the best result possible and be completely satisfied. It's also their job to help you develop realistic expectations as to what can be accomplished in a single procedure and help you plan for the long term.

In my opinion, if you are having trouble getting in touch with clincs via email or virtual consults, call the clinic. Most clinics have someone answering the phone between regular business hours.

I hope this helps with your research. Good luck on selecting a surgeon.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Jotrinic,

Ive send you a PM from this forum, with details.

Originally posted by Jotronic:

Pianoman,

Not sure why you have not had a response. I've drawn in more hairlines for the docs than I care to count so we will definitely do that for you if you wish. Do me a favor and PM me here with your full name and email address then I'll check our spam filters to see if you have been flagged for some reason. Regardless I'll get your info back to you. I do apologize for this.