usa/uk/canada/india/anywhere else

ast123

Hi All,

I am new to this site. You can see from my profile the problem I have had with hairloss.

Its great to see a community here to help, can be a nightmare going through this.

People say its not that bad dont worry its common but to the sufferer it can be majorly depressing.

Anyway have come to the point where I am keen to go for transplant. The more I have read the more I believe people are recommending going west i.e. america for it as the surgeons are superior? I know this is a broad statement. So far I have narrowed my research down to farjo, dr rogers, Hasson and Wong.

Also I am unsure about fue vs traditional HT.

Looking to choose a reputable clinic.

Many Thanks,

Ast123,

Welcome to our hair restoration discussion forums and social community. Drs. Fargo, and Hasson and Wong are all member of our elite Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians and come highly recommended. Consulting with either of these clinics would be an excellent choice. Additionally, I'd like to invite you to review our entire list of recommended hair transplant surgeons. We recommend talented physicians all over the globe, and you should be able to research various doctors and begin to visualize how you would like to proceed. Please, feel free to ask any additional questions. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

DO NOT GO TO ROGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he is terrible and a crook, i had a failed surgery with him and so did froum members sparkey....

there alot of good dr's infact any coalition dr is very good but i woul dlike to recommend you search the follwoing drs

dr feller,dr hasson, dr wong, dr feriduni, dr path, dr cooley, dr rahal, both shapiro drs, dr alexander and dr charles and etc etc

they are all great but its up to you to see who fits your needs and wallet

BUT DO NOT GO TO ROGERS IM SURPRISED HE STILL GETS ANY WORK

listen to the great advice here and do not rush rushing will leave you out of pocket and out of donor hair;)

Hi Guys, Thanks for the responses. So far what I have read there is some negative reviews of dr rogers so i think I am going to avoid this. I will try and upload some pictures later tonight or tomorrow. I have 3, approx 3cmx3cm patches of hair loss, when I was young i suffered from eczema and I believe some of the steriod creams used at the time have burnt the roots and folicles. They are quite covered up by keeping my hair a bit longer but its come to a point where I am looking for something more, something which allows me a change of hair style. the skin is smooth and the patches do not change is size, seasonal, stress related like other types of alopecia, this is why I have come to the decision some corrective surgery would rectify the problem. I am 25 at the moment. I dont mind paying out for a good surgery and would not like to have to go for any future operations or corrections if it does not go right however like any1 though I wouldnt want to be paying extorniate prices. Im guessing if you go to hasson and wong you pay through the UK agent, as they contribute towards your flight and hotel I guess the inital price is going to be quite high and charged in pounds. many thanks for the suggestions will look into these doctors!!

ukbloke will message you, keen to know how you got on with farjo?

Thanks

ast123

Am I right in thinking we spoke the middle of last week you are suffering from alopecia 2/3 patches and you were going to send me some photos for an evaluation by the doctors? As for the questions all payments are through the clinic in Vancouver and would be in US dollars not pounds, you are correct in stating that the clinic does offer a discount towards your flight and put you up for 2 nights for all patients receiving over 2000 grafts.

With the pound doing better against the dollar than it was it may work out better than you expect it to but again without seeing any photos it is impossible to tell what can be done for you. Let me know if I can help any further.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Is it right that you aren't actually suffering from male pattern baldness? The combined area of all three patches sounds quite large and you could require quite a few grafts in total, but if you don't have any other hairloss then this could work in your favour. Although of course you're still young.

Most doctors have experience with transplanting hair to burns, so you should see great improvement. Good luck.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com