Hairline lowering at 8.5 months

fritz68

Hello, I had hairline lowering earlier this year, somewhere around 2000 grafts (paid for 2000 but some were used in a scar not from earlier HT). My original hairline was where it suddenly becomes dense and non-transparent, so you can see where the new hair is.

The pic was taken at 8.5months post-op. As you can see it's still very transparent in the centre portion. There is some stubble there, but not a lot. I have some gel and minoxidil in this photo. There are some very solid hairs growing, but it's patchy.

I realise it's hard to judge based on one photo but would those of you who've been through it all before predict that I'm going to need another pass to thicken it up enough to match the hair behind.....or does this look on target for an ok result at 12-14 months? :confused:

Thanks!

29112010386.jpg.27648bfdbcc715865a5218eb6e44f413.jpg

Gel will always mess with the illusion of density. But, you should get some more thickening. Wait the full 12 months before you decide to make another move....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

From what I can tell, it looks completely normal. Most people always look thinner up front because the way the light hits the curvature of the skull. I also wouldnt go wasting precious donor hair for the front hairline just in case mother nature throws you a curve ball in 10-15 years....

The beginning edge of the hairline is supposed to be more see through than the rest of the hair. How many grafts were actually used in the hairline, and was your hairline lowered just in the center or from temple peak to temple peak?

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply Hairthere, qwerty and RCWest.

It was temple to temple, although from the pics it looks like centre only. Reason being the temples seemed to grow in without going through a resting phase, it's very thick in the corners, and has been since about 5 months or so. The centre didn't even start growing in until about 6 months.

I'm not sure how many were placed in the hairline, I only know that I had 2000 total including the scars (I asked for a breakdown of singles, doubles etc but they didn't have it). I'd guess it was about 1700 or so in hairline and it was lowered about 2cm.

Edited by fritz68