New HT at Bosley Philadelphia with Dr. Michael J Cornwell

Phillym16

Hello all .... I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving. I recently had a transplant at Bosley in Philadelphia and I must say, after reading many of the reviews on this site I'm a little worried on how this is going to turn out.

Has anyone here had a procedure completed with Bosley and had good results?

Thanks in advance

Jg,

You seem a bit concerned about your upcoming procedure. If you're having any doubts, I highly recommend temporarily postponing, and performing some research on these forums. I think many community members will tell you that rushing into a hair transplant procedure can create some undesired consequences. Have you reviewed our recommended hair transplant physicians? We recommend some excellent physicians in the PA, NJ, NY area.

Edit: I'm a bit confused; did you already undergo surgery with this physician, or are you booked for surgery this upcoming Friday?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hey Future...Sorry for the confusion but it looks like JG selected the same Icon as me. I had surgery with Dr. Cornwell about 2 weeks ago now. Does anyone have any additional information on him?

I would think that all MD's utilize the same basic technique when performing a transplant. Are there any early signs/issues I should be looking for that would lead me to believe that mine was not done correctly?

Thanks

Philly and Jg,

I apologize! Apparently, you both have the same avatar (icon) and I thought you were the same poster; my mistake.

Jg,

Again, if you still don't feel 100% confident, informed, and ready for the procedure, it could be a good idea to take a step back, spend a good amount of time asking questions and searching our forums, and possibly consult with a few other hair restoration physicians before committing to a procedure. Please, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Philly,

Although the hair transplant procedure is fairly standardized, each surgeon definitely adds his or her own 'style' to the procedure, and no two doctors operate in an identical fashion. At this point in time, it would probably a bit difficult to tell how the procedure itself went, but you could definitely inspect the implanted area to make sure the density is acceptable and also follow all the post-operative instructions carefully (to maximize the result). Additionally, you may want to consider adding photographs to your social profile or a hair loss weblog and allowing the community to review the images and give you helpful feed back. I hope this helps; let me know if there is anything I can do to assist.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

So Phillym16, how were your results from Dr. Cornwell? Were you satisfied?

I just had my procedure with him last Friday. He seemed to know what he was doing, and has a pretty good track record, medically speaking, and over 4 years of hair transplant experience under his belt.

• 1 month later...

LadyM,

I personally have had a great experience with Bosley as i have had multiple procedures with them. Bosley gets some negative remarks a lot on these forums, and rightfully so in some instances, but me personally, I am happy. Yes, you are going to a "chain" instead of a smaller, localized office, and their doctors may switch locations and not specifically be at your particular office for 25 years, but they are reputable, highly experienced doctors.

As for My results, I'm not yet 2 months post-procedure so its too soon to see growth, but for some reason my head is in better shape now than any of my prior procedures. I can only hope and expect excellent results again.

And as for Dr. Cornwell, he seems to be a very smart dude with experience and credentials to back it up, and who was able to answer all of my questions pre and post-op. he also has a great "bedside manner."

Good luck, I am confident you are in good hands, and if they are offering a promo, jump at it, as Bosley is DEFINITELY one of the more expensive options out there today. But how else are they going to pay for those Saturday morning infomercials???

Shooter13. Thanks so much for the feed back. I'm so happy for you and I'm sure your results will be great. I went to Bosley 6 years ago and the price was so out of reach. Six years later they offer me a price that is well within reach. Just felt a bit rushed. And I never meet any doctors. In fact, I thought I'd have the procedure in Parsippany Nj. Anyway, I'll see a local doc tonight to have something to compare to. So far, I like the small office feel, but well see...