Dr. Wong/5129 Grafts/One Session/One Year

This local patient represents a pattern of loss that is not documented in the Norwood Hamilton hair loss chart yet is fairly common with individuals from the Middle East, parts of the Mediterranean as well as the Indian subcontinent. This pattern of loss can be as severe as a NW5A or NW6 yet much of the original juvenile hairline will remain throughout most of the patient's life.

The particular patient is in his late forties and has been on Propecia for a number of years. His overall pattern, minus the still strong hairline, is somewhere around a NW5 diffuse. Dr. Wong shaved the entirety of the patient's recipient scalp so he could see between the existing hairs and match the angle and direction of the transplant hair with the native hair still present. Dr. Wong and his team transplanted 5129 grafts in one session. The goal was to fill in the areas of thinning behind the still strong hairline so that a more even amount of coverage could be achieved. The crown as well was addressed with an enhanced whorl by Dr. Wong.

5129 Grafts

Singles...620

Doubles...3218

3/4...1219

hwss5129_001.JPG?1720754475

hwss5129_002.JPG?1127939281

hwss5129_003.JPG?2004775846

hwss5129_004.JPG?2026027537

hwss5129_005.JPG?2041917251

hwss5129_006.JPG?180813718

hwss5129_007.JPG?999123991

hwss5129_008.JPG?1619050743

hwss5129_009.JPG?799579709

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Jotronic,

Thanks for sharing this case. This is a very interesting pattern of hair loss. That strong, natural hairline has certainly allowed him to end up with a very youthful appearance.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Looks magical .......awesome but 5000 grafts were too much iguess for such a hair loss case

Yeah but if you want real density, not "fluff" that shows scalp with any little breeze of wind, then I say go for as many as you can. Most people want maximum density.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• 1 month later...
Yeah but if you want real density, not "fluff" that shows scalp with any little breeze of wind, then I say go for as many as you can. Most people want maximum density.

Truth. And still he may do some FUE on crown. Who know. I would and into scar.

How many gafas he get on cm2?

Edited by ffar