Nose job after FUT?

Strongly considering getting my nose tweaked. I like the size, but could be a little thinner at the tip and a little less bump.

I had an FUT October 1st and am thinking of getting the nose job in January.

Have any of you had one after a hair transplant? Any issues you've run into in terms of healing or donor scar or something unforeseen?

Also, been doing a lot of research into NY doctors, any names you have heard of that do really good work on men?

What area of the country are you in? Are you willing to travel?

I am no expert. I have not had a HT. I did, however, have a nosejob (Septorhinoplasty) in Oct. just days after you had your HT.

The recovery from the nose surgery is really weird, but if you are having just the Rhinoplasty and not any kind of septoplasty or turbinoplasty/turbinectemy, your recovery might be different from mine.

This surgery is something that you REALLY want to do your research on, trust me. It's something to take just as seriously as a HT as this is your face and it's right there in front of everyone. This is a surgery of millimeters.

I did exhaustive research before I made my move. I saw 4 different doctors. And while all of them had sterling reviews from their patients, they all had dramatically different approaches for what they would do in my case.

I'm almost 2 months out. I'm not entirely satisfied, but I'm better off now than I was pre-op. I'm also told that you simply can't make any judgments about the success/failure of the procedure until at least the 6 month mark. The appearance of the nose changes with all of the healing going on and even slight swelling can cause irregularities and distortions that alter the appearance of your nose.

If I were you, I'd want a little more time between procedures. I might say different if you had already done a lot of research and were set on a surgeon and a little farther along in the process. It's just my experience that doing the necessary research, finding the quality surgeons & meeting with them, and getting answers to all of the tough questions requires some time.

I'm in NY and yes, would travel.

I'm hoping to get my septum corrected as well; I remember my father going through the surgery a few years ago and it seemed really painful, but hopefully it will help me breathe easier as well.

I've been researching online so far, different types of procedures and such, the only thing is most of the before/afters are of women and I want to see someone who specializes in men, I guess you could say.

I'm hoping to get my septum corrected as well; I remember my father going through the surgery a few years ago and it seemed really painful, but hopefully it will help me breathe easier as well.

I've been researching online so far, different types of procedures and such, the only thing is most of the before/afters are of women and I want to see someone who specializes in men, I guess you could say.

I'm about 8 weeks out right now. I had septorhinoplasty.

For me, there was no pain the day of the surgery. I woke up with some blood in my stomach (really, where else is it going to go?) and except for the unpleasant aspect of having to throw that up, it was a relatively painless day. After a couple of days when the anesthesia was out of the body, I felt a bad headache, but I was able to chase it away with the pain meds they give. By the 4th day or so, no pain whatsoever and I didn't even need pain killers anymore.

The most irritating thing about the recovery period is the splints, sutures, and cast. The splints will have channels that allow air through so you can breath, but they are really uncomfortable to have in there. It just feels "itchy" having all of that stuff in there. So I would describe the first week of recovery as uncomfortable but not painful. Once you get those splints out, you will be on cloud nine.

Re: surgeons who specialize in men, I'm not sure if there is such a thing, but then again nothing surprises me. If I were you, I wouldn't make it out to be a big concern if the surgeon does a lot or mostly women. EXPERIENCE is key. Anyone can manipulate photos and tell you want you want to hear, but do they have a track record of RESULTS? Like most other forms of cosmetic surgery, it's a blend of art & science and requires aesthetic ability and visualization.

I would start doing some research online. I found a TON of good youtube videos of people sharing their experiences and vlogging. There's also a bunch of websites that allow patients to rate their surgeon. If I were you, I'd find some top-rated facial plastic surgeons in the tri-state area, look up their website, then ask questions and/or get a consultation.

Don't get yourself jammed into any kind of timeframe. You want to do this RIGHT the first time so you don't have to have it done again. Do research, find quality surgeons, ask them questions, get a feel for them, then use your best judgment. Don't act based on emotion.

Best of luck to you!

I know this is kind of random, considering that I am new here, however I have been looking on thei site for quite some time. Who in the NY area would u guys suggest for the hair transplant that is resonable in rate, no offense in Bernstein, but to get a consultation for $175 then to pay $6 per graph is a bit more than what I am looking to pay ( and Im sure he is worth every bit of it). I am shooting to get a nose procedure at the end of the month, and also interested in having restoration done around the same time considering that I get off work for a month on the 19, and dont have to return till the 21st of next month. I figured why not do both procedures while I have the down time and out of site.

shinywavyhair809,

Your best bet is to consult our interactive map and locate all the prescreened quality hair restoration physicians nearest you. You can then schedule free online consultations.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 1 month later...

I had my septorhino (and oto) plasty yesterday. My HT cost me about $16,900 and this cost me about $15, 700 so that's a lot for two surgeries in a 4 month span (tho the septo was the main goal; the other two were just mini tweaks.) After this, though, that's it.

Some of the best plastic surgeon are in Dallas and Houston, lots of wealthy clientele have the Lone Star state on the verge of actually out doing La La land in per capita procedures, the upside of this is a field of great cosmetic surgeons can be found in Texas, and much more affordably than in NY or Cali.

Were not allowed to link to surgeons because that would be soliciting, even though I work for none and would only be pointing you to suggestions but i recommend googling surgeons in Sugarland, Texas and Highland Park, Texas.

Rhinoplasty is big in those parts.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

I had my septorhino (and oto) plasty yesterday. My HT cost me about $16,900 and this cost me about $15, 700 so that's a lot for two surgeries in a 4 month span (tho the septo was the main goal; the other two were just mini tweaks.) After this, though, that's it.
Damn dude, i had septorhino done for 5,500k, you're making me feel like I got a bargain.

Damn dude, i had septorhino done for 5,500k, you're making me feel like I got a bargain.

I had septo/rhino/oto, tho. Where did you have yours done? Mine was in NY, which is pretty expensive.

I had septo/rhino/oto, tho. Where did you have yours done? Mine was in NY, which is pretty expensive.

Sugarland, Texas, it's the Beverly Hills of Houston.

• 2 months later...

I am so OCD so forgive me...I am having a surgical proceedure 11 months post hair transplant. I will receive local anesthesia and sedation. The proceedure will last about one hour. I am freaking out because I am worried that this will destroy my transplanted hair. After reading that some people are getting nose jobs a few months post ht I feel a bit better. Is it REALLY okay to have surgery post hair transplant? (Its for my foot--not really cosmetic, but my foot should look a whole lot better:)

• 2 months later...