One Month Update: Dr. Dorin 1,696 FUT

corvettester

Hey All,

Here is my one month update. So far, so good. Minimal shock loss in the donor area. No visible shock loss in the recipient area. Dr. Dorin said that if I don't get any more shock loss in the next week then I probably won't get any more at all. I was glad to hear that.

No more pain either. Just some sensitivity in the donor area if I lay on it too long or if I hit it against something... all of which is to be expected.

I've included photos wiht my hair pulled back so you can see the recipient area and with my normal hairstyle without products so you can see how undetectable it is.

The photos look a lot better if you view them in my hair loss blog, the link is below.

I welcome any comments, questions or concerns.

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Yeh, I never even realized how far my hair had receded until just after the surgery when I saw everything that they had added! It was shocking to me. Check my hair loss blog to see the pics immediately post-op. They're very revealing.

Corvettester

Looking good man. So looks like the scabs are gone from the recipient area and should surface again soon in that frontal hairline?

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

corvettester,

Things are looking good my friend. This is a case that I'm very interested in following because I think it's going to look fantastic when it's all said and done.

What's your girlfriend's opinion thus far?

Edited by TakingThePlunge

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

David,

She psyched that she'll have more hair to play with! She's Latina. I swear, it was my hair that made her fall for me. She loves blondies!

But on a more serious note, she's been a real help. She washed my head and hair and applied the ointment every night for the first week post-op. I'm lucky to have her.

Multiplier,

I didn't understand your question. Were you asking if the scabs would come back or if it would get worse?

Corvettester

Corvettester,

Thank you for keeping us updated on your progress! It looks like everything is moving along nicely. Good luck.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

You didn't have any density added to your forelock, is that correct?

Where exactly is the forelock? Is that the area in the front of the head, just behind the hairline?

Corvettester

He said it's going to be a hairline scar. I saw it too. It's just a tiny read line, super thin. It's still red of course. I'll post some pics next month once it's had a chance to properly heal.

Corvettester

I didn't understand your question. Were you asking if the scabs would come back or if it would get worse?

Sorry I didn't phrase that well. What I meant was, looks like all the initial scabs/grafts have fallen out and hair will start growing in their place, but I know that's probably some months off. When that time comes and the hairline is one length and the hair behind it is another length, will you cut your hair to match them up?

You must be happy, that is a really great sign that none of the surrounding frontal hair was victim to shock loss.

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »