Dr. Ron Shapiro July 1, 2011

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

Seems dubious to me.

BTW, Time to Do Something, it looks like you've had 3 procedures by 3 of the best out there, but no photos/results posted. Any reason?

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

I'm not too excited by this news. Even if it grew hair, not many of us could afford it. However, you never know where these avenues may lead and I'm happy that people are continuing to find new medications to try.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Happy that there are new avenues always being explored but, I agree, this is absolutely no miracle cure unfortunately. It looks like it might have some benefit to hair and I guess we'll know more over the next few years. I couldn't find much information on the product but it is a prostaglandin (a certain family of medicines derived from fatty acids in animals) and, although I couldn't be clear, it seemed to work by being a sort of anti-inflammatory.

For $120 this stuff would seem, for hairloss, essentially worthless. It would appear to have no specific effect on the causes of MPB and instead works, like minoxidil, by treating the problem in a 'roundabout' fashion. That's not to say it doesn't have some benefit; but for $120 you could probably pick up 12-18 months worth of FDA proven hairloss drugs like minoxodil and/or finasteride, which would almost undoubtedly work a lot more effectively.

Still, interesting stuff! And, as an anti-inflammatory, maybe it could eventually become an adjunct to minoxidil and finasteride one day? But for $120 per 3-week cycle it's just economically unfeasible, especially given it's more than likely going to at best improve your hair a bit, and not in any way slow down or stop the genetic MPB you're experiencing! It'd have to be more like $120 for 24 months supply, and then it might be economically justifiable for hair!

• 2 months later...

Latisse is approaching a $500m dollar in sales for Allergan which says it is working as 50% are repeat patients. I know about a dozen when who use Latisse and in 3 months their eyelashes have grown thicker-- very very noticable! Its amazing.

As a result, my mother in law in her 60s used it on her thinking eyebrows and in 4 months grew 100% back! (it is not indicated for eyebrows by the FDA just eyelashes)....So I wonder if it would work in the scalp--hairline???

It is very expensive $100 a month just for eyebrows--imagine the cost for enough product for the head! But if it works as well as I've seen it on eyelashes and eyebrows, I'll give it a shot as long as you dont have to keep using it (use it or loose it) like Rogaine!