Transplanted hair growing without shedding

I am at 3 weeks from getting 1500 grafts by Dr. Hasson on my hairline. I'd say about a little less than half the transplanted hairs have shed as expected however most of the rest of the remaining hair is actually growing. Does this mean these growing hairs missed the shedding phase like what happens with a few lucky guys or can I still expect them to fall out in the next while?

maverik,

Transplanted hair does and will grow somewhat before it sheds. Shedding typically occurs between 4 to 6 weeks and the regrowth process typically begins between the 3rd and 5th months.

The first few months can be rough but take comfort knowing you've selected a world renowned surgeon to perform your hair transplant.

Best wishes in restoring your hair,

Bill

Some people shed in the second week, some people shed later, and some people don't shed at all. I am 19 days in and I have shed a lot of my transplanted hairs ...but I have new hairs already growing in their place. This is not typically supposed to happen for months, but for me, it is already happening. I believe there really is not a hard and fast rule when it comes to this kind of surgery.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok at almost 2 months now and since my last update no more transplanted hair has shed and the growing hair is almost an inch long...Can I now assume that this hair is not going to shed or is it still too early?

Also some of the shed hair seems to be popping in now so that's pretty cool...