Propecia

Sparky

In most of my posts about Propecia/Fin i've said that I dont get side effects. Now i'm not 100% sure that this is the case. Been on and of it for 10 years or so, but using regular for 6 or so years, cant be exactly sure.

Very recently, within the last few days i've been experiencing testiscle ache, in both testicles. Dont know if this is related or not. Also I Had a problem where after I finish urinating, I would get after dribble which is a real bore.

So basically i'm a bit worried about this, as i've read a lot of horror stories about Propecia, as far as i'm aware, these are the only possible side effects that I have, although I know that after dribble is a common problem among men anyway (according to the doctor and the panflet that they gave me, explaining this)

Comments/advice extremley welcome :)

First let me say that your hair looks great.....I thought I had little loss to be on the forum....

That said, I would go in for a physical....I kinda doubt it is the fin...could be a bunch of things....people go to the doctor all the time that are not on fin for the same complaints...I would be careful about pointing directly to the fin too fast, without ruling it out

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I just started Finasteride 2 days ago, and already have some testicle pain - it's actually more discomfort than pain. I wasn't aware of this side-effect, but did some research and found several similar complaints; a couple were on Dr. Rassman's blog, but he had no conclusive/satisfying explanation. He proposed the possibility that it is due to something else - I believe a hernia was one of his conclusions - but suggested seeing a urologist.

Perhaps, Fin uncovers or magnifies other problems? That's a total hunch, but I was told years ago that I was at risk for a hernia. Granted, I was 7 at the time and now I'm 30; so whatever that's worth!

Considering I just started the stuff, I have to admit, I'm a little freaked. But, I'm gonna try to give it some time.

Well i've been on it for ages, I guess some people get hit by side effects faster than others.

I'm gonna booked an appointment for the docs next week, but i'm thinking it maybe not be related to fin, because I have an ache in my lower abdomen and back, which could be causing my nads to ache aswell.

Mines only discomfort aswell.

Hi Sparky

Sorry to hear that but hope things get better for you as i have expereinced something similiar before and i think it would be fair to say that any kind of discomfort there is a source of deep concern for men.

Let me share my side of the story. a couple years back, i had started fin and was taking it for about a year. I did experience some ED isuues but kept on taking the fin with the hope that the sides would go away...after about a year, i started getting this dull draggy feeling in my left testicle that would come 3-4 times a week,,,i was also doing heavy weight training those days and was thinking the pain is because of that. i stopped exercising for about 3 mos. but the discomfort refused to go away..i went to all kinds of doctors (GP, urologists, general surgeon) and nobody was able to point on the reason...i also did ultrasounds, MRI etc but nothing..to be fair, i have had surgery for varicose veins on my left testicle and thought that there might be a recuurence!! but all the docs said that they could not do anything for me...

they also said that propecia is unlikely to cause this...disheartened, i stopped taking fin and slowely but gradually the discomfort reduced and then went away...i cannot say for sure that fin caused this..so take my story for what it is worth..but to me this is the problem of taking these drugs..if anything happens to us in life we would start blaming fin..I again started taking fin for about 3 months and something else did not feel right also

hence, i decided after thinking hard that this is just not worth it for me...good luck with your issue and please keep us posted!!

Yeah, it kinda sucks that all the side effects are bad....instead of ED....why cant the side effects be "instandly makes you a stud muffin capable of multiple encores...also causes patient to ooze charisma and confidence....some patients may begin speaking with a French accent....DOES NOT protect agains HIV or other STD's"

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hi Sparky

Sorry to hear that but hope things get better for you as i have expereinced something similiar before and i think it would be fair to say that any kind of discomfort there is a source of deep concern for men.

Let me share my side of the story. a couple years back, i had started fin and was taking it for about a year. I did experience some ED isuues but kept on taking the fin with the hope that the sides would go away...after about a year, i started getting this dull draggy feeling in my left testicle that would come 3-4 times a week,,,i was also doing heavy weight training those days and was thinking the pain is because of that. i stopped exercising for about 3 mos. but the discomfort refused to go away..i went to all kinds of doctors (GP, urologists, general surgeon) and nobody was able to point on the reason...i also did ultrasounds, MRI etc but nothing..to be fair, i have had surgery for varicose veins on my left testicle and thought that there might be a recuurence!! but all the docs said that they could not do anything for me...

they also said that propecia is unlikely to cause this...disheartened, i stopped taking fin and slowely but gradually the discomfort reduced and then went away...i cannot say for sure that fin caused this..so take my story for what it is worth..but to me this is the problem of taking these drugs..if anything happens to us in life we would start blaming fin..I again started taking fin for about 3 months and something else did not feel right also

hence, i decided after thinking hard that this is just not worth it for me...good luck with your issue and please keep us posted!!

Have you had anymore hairloss since stopping Fin?

Thinking, i'll use what fin I have left every other day instead of everyday, then try Saw palmetto instead.

Got an appointment with doc at 15.40 GMT so, see what she says.

i am not sure if i have lost more hair but the density seems greatly reduced as i think fin definitely thickened my hair to an extent that i could get away with nanogen..i cant anymore and it sucks....trust me i felt really bad to leave fin but it is what it is!!!

i think you could stop it for a month and see if the docs dont diagnose hernia, varicose veins etc that could be causing it..also,if you are planning to see a urologist,...i would recommend you to see a guy instead of a girl as i think they would be able to understand better. all the best

My female Dr was very good, its most likely a water infection, the pain does seem to be more in my bladder than my balls.

She knows about fin and said after the amount of time that i've been on Fin without sides, makes it unlikely that its affecting me now.

She felt all the areas asking me if there was pain, and there wasnt, the only tender areas were my lower abdomen and lower back.

On Thursday last week I held off peeing for about 10 mins after I was desperate, and by the time I got to a toilet I was in agony, and she said that this could quite possibly be the cause. I gave a urine sample anyway, as she couldnt be 100% sure what was causing the pain in my bladder as water infections are a lot rarer in men than in women.

Until then its lots of water and cranberry juice, as there is no point in pumping me full of anti-biotics if not 100% sure of the cause.

I've cut my pills very small now, and i'm gonna take them every other day until gone than go onto Saw Palmetto, which proscar was originally based on in the first place.

Edited by Sparky