Paying to be on this List?

snydez99

I emailed a hair transplant surgeon, who was advertizing doing a strip for

$5,000 or $5,500. This surgeon says strips are about 1,800-2,000 grafts.

Anyway, I asked this surgeon why I couldn't find on this forum. The surgeon

told me it costs up to $30,000 to be recomended on this forum? I must admit

this surgeon seems questionable. But do surgeons really pay that much to be

on this forum?

Snydez99,

Our community is very open and honest with regard to how physicians are recommended. For whatever reason, it sounds like this particular surgeon is a bit unfamiliar with our recommendation processes, but I really can't comment on any intentions, motives, or potential misconceptions beyond that point. However, I invite you to explore our community, read the high level of interaction with recommended surgeons, view the countless, objective results, and come to your own conclusions! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Additionally, if you are considering consulting with another physician, feel free to review our recommended hair transplant surgeons.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Well yes they do have to pay, but they also have to show lots of good results, and show that they are using state of the art tech etc........

That money obviously pays wages and goes to the running of this forum which is a full time job. The owner travels all over visiting these clinics and that costs money.

Edited by Sparky

snydez99,

The fact that surgeons recommended by this community pay a sponsorship fee to support it is no secret. Everything, including how this site is funded is laid out clearly on our physicians standards page.

It takes a lot of time and money to run a successful online community. Thus, surgeons who meet our demanding standards agree to pay a nominal sponsorship fee to support our community, much like students with impeccable SAT scores and high GPAs agree to pay a tuition once they're accepted into an elite University.

However, much like an ivy league college who accept only the brightest students, we only invite physicians to become recommended sponsors if they meet our demanding standards.

While our recommendations aren't an exclusive list of all the best physicians in the world, the physicians recommended on the Hair Transplant Network have proven to this community that they perform state of the art hair transplants with excellent results. Additionally, there have been dozens of physicians over the years willing to pay the sponsorship fee that we have turned down because they don't meet our high standards.

The sponsorship fee per year isn't even remotely close to $30,000, so I'm not sure where this physician obtained this misinformation. Physicians recommended by our community pay a sponsorship fee equal to approximately one smaller hair transplant session per year.

For more information, visit How We Recommend Hair Transplant Surgeons.

Best wishes,

Bill